Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out and fished bluegrass today for 4 hours, caught 8 fish, 1 snagged in the belly 5 outside mouth to inside, and took two legals home. here is a pic of one of the jacks I got. Anyone got any secrets to get more fish inside the mouth, they all seem to want to take the jig head first. Anyway its great fishing, not many people out so enjoy!

Attachments

·
Registered
743 Posts
Way to go on the fish. Nope, don't know why u got so many outside in. Just happens if u ask me. Still fun to reel in though.

·
Registered
110 Posts
My thoughts are you actually line the fish and when the jig is reeled in it caches the lip or mouth on the outside. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I dont keep snagged fish but kind of like the occasional snag, depending on the location of the snag some small fish feel like steelhead and can be a hell of a fight.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
double i agree, seems like everyone that doesnt fish it daily seems to think that as well. for some reason when we use a floater in the rivers round here for sauger they usually inhale it like any other jig. guess they must be extra picky about biting up there....
when you snag a good one it does get your heart rate up a little though

·
Wall I ETR
444 Posts
The only thing you can do to catch more in the mouth is...
warm the water up! :D

It's been my experience the later in the run the more the jacks actually feed instead of striking out of reaction.

It always seems to me that late
April early May are when I catch em deeper in the throat insted of by the lip (inside or outside)

my 2cents
coach

·
Registered
89 Posts
get a good light tip pole use less weight ,smaller diam. line, and a smaller floater and tail... they are hiting like very early spring you dont even feel most of the fish that bite it now...... i bet you only feel the fish once its snagged....true???????? do u actuly feel the hit or just the bottom fealing stops and u set the hook???

if you can not feal the hit you will not catch fish leagle...

light tackel.......light tackel....light tackel..... just my 2 cents:B

·
Multi Species Angler
6,146 Posts
The only thing you can do to catch more in the mouth is...
warm the water up! :D

It's been my experience the later in the run the more the jacks actually feed instead of striking out of reaction.

It always seems to me that late
April early May are when I catch em deeper in the throat insted of by the lip (inside or outside)

my 2cents
coach
I couldn't agree more! It's gonna be sunny and warm this weekend! Let's all go down to the river. I am sure it won't be crowded! LOL

CG

1 - 9 of 9 Posts