Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Hard Core Fishing Fool!
355 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about heading up to the Maumee sometime next week to fish for smallies. What's a good flow for smallie fishing in the Buttonwood or Waterville area? Right now the usgs.gov site has it at 515 CFS. I've only fished the Maumee during the walleye and white bass runs. Always wanted to try for smallies. I'm guessing the flow right now is pretty good for fishing but wanted some local input to confirm. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

·
1,319 Posts
The river right now is extremely low due to lack of rain. Hopefully we will get some rain in the next few days. Fishing out of maumee river has been pretty slow lately as well.:eek:

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
The river is about 9 inches lower than regular summer norms right now. The flow will be slower just because of the river level. Smallie fishing will be as good now as it usually is.

If you know the spots to hit, it can be fair to good. If you don't, it can be a tough day. It's been more tough than good for me that last few years down at the Mostly Muddy but occassionally Mighty Maumee when it comes to the brownies.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts