close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Maumee Pike?

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mojo, Feb 28, 2005.

1. Just curious if anyone has made down to grand rapids to try for some pike yet. Maumeetackle reported some being caught. I'm getting out this weekend and need to wet a line. I've never tried for them so if anyone has and wants to share some info i would appreciate it. I used to fish there in the summer all the time and am real familiar with the spot and holes, just not during high water and targeting pike. There is another place in michigan i really want to try where i think i would have more luck too so i might just try that.

2. just grab yourself some chubs and head down behind the sohio gas station. Fish where the canal dumps into the river with a bobber and steel leader. Always did prety good there.

3. Thanks, does that bait shop in GR carry chubs, or is it still open for that matter. I haven't been there in a few years. I know cabelas has them now. Sunday is "supposed" to be 37 so i might be down there.

4. yeah Marys up town usually has them, but if they dont try a little bait store on the north side of the river in Texas. Its on the north side of the road easy to miss if your not looking. might want to give them a call first though

5. I know this is a couple days late but the old bait shop was bought out and has a new name. The new name is River Lures telephone number is 419-832-0989 and is open 7 days a week 7a.m. to 7p.m. I hope this helps.

6. can you catch crappie there as well..... thanks