close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Maumee Help Needed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by olwhitee, Mar 18, 2005.

1. I posted this in the Northwest Ohio forum too, didnt get any hits....so Ill try here...

Okay, I have to admit it, I am a bit scared to venture to the great maumee
    by my lonesome and try out this great walleye run everyone always talks about. I have a few problems, lets see if I can get them solved and get my rear up there.

First off, I dont have any waders. I dont know anything about them either. I know what they are, and how you use em, but I am unsure about what mm size, what kind of footing I need, and all that stuff. Assume I would only be using them for fishing the run in the maumee, can you suggest what type of waders I should buy?

Second off, if I can get ahold of some waders, would someone be interested in meeting me somewhere and taking me along to show me the ropes? I think that the inexperience is the only thing that holds me back. I would hate to buy the waders, get all the tackle, travel up, and end up with a bad experience.Even if it is only for a little bit, I just need to go with someone who can show me the right rigging, river safety, and the proper etiquette and technique needed to fish the run.

I live in Lima, so if anyone is coming through this way, or would meet me somewhere and just let me tag along, I would be indebted forever as I have wanted to try this for a long time now, just been putting it off.

Thank you for taking your time to help me out.

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Hey it's me H2O. I met you when you bought some rods off me once. I have a pair of Remmington neoprene wadders, somewhere. I think they need a small hole patched, easy to do. I dont need them, if I can find them & you want to drive up here, there yours.

I'll be heading down to the Maumee for the 1st time soon, so I'll tell ya what its like afterwards. I will tell ya thought that wading is a BLAST, but it can be dangerous, take it slow and I'd suggest having someone go w/ you the first few times.

3. if you are just going to use them for the walleye run then just run over to meijers or andersons they have the remington 3.5mm neoprene waders and a decent price.i like the neoprene better because they fit snugger and do a great job of protecting you from the hours of standing in 40 degree water.As far as boot sole goes it`s not to big a deal usally the sole that comes on the standard wader is more then enough to provide good traction. But before you buy any lets hope Bryan can find his.

I`ll be headingf to the river atleast one day a week for the next several weeks i`d be more then happy to take ya along.since i go right past Lima on my way that seems to work out just right.

Bub