close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Maumee channels

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by phisherman, Aug 18, 2007.

1. phisherman

phisherman can't land em Teddy

Well made it out on the river last night, and managed a couple decent channels. The largest shown here at approximately 30" and 10lbs. A beautiful night on the river, fishing could have been a little more consistant, but I would catch these guys any day of the week.[​IMG]

2. jmenchhofer

jmenchhofer 'eye addict

Very nice! I fished along the upper end of Bluegrass last Tuesday afternoon. I caught 15-20 channel cats, and they probably didn't weigh more than 2 1/2 to 3 pounds TOTAL! Oh, well, better than :S !!

3. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

Hey we are planning on making a run over there sometime when the rain stops. Where should we try for some good bottom fishin?

4. I would wait untill the water goes down, with all this rain its gonna be a muddy mess for at least a few days. If you are fishing durning the week I would try the Providence dam area. Weekends can get pretty crowded there.

5. I fished the upper end of Bluegrass on Thursday 8/16 and came up with one sheephead, and my buddy got one as well. No bites otherwise. Ended up going up to Jerome Rapids area and caught one cat I would estimate at 3 lbs. and 22". Pretty crappy day.

On Friday 8/17 between 3pm-6:30pm I went solo up to Weirs and caught a bunch of fish, most of which came from 5:45-6:15. I exclusively used Blue Fox Deep Diver inline spinners. I caught 4 cats, biggest being about 8 lbs. (not as big as the one in phisherman's pic, but close, measured 28"), along with a big white bass (1.75 lbs), and 4 smallmouth, all being less that 1.5 lbs each.

The water is up almost 10 ft from all this rain. It will be awhile before the river can get fished wading-style.