Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For whatever it's worth I camped with my son at the park on Saturday night. Right now it seems their are a fair amount of good size cat fish in the kids fishing pond. Fishing a preserved minnow on a slip Bobber right off the bottom seemed to work best.

·
fish breath
567 Posts
Nice. Out of all of the probably ten times I've fishes the ponds at Maumee bay I've never caught anything not even a bite. I gave up and didnt even fish the last time I was there

·
Registered
170 Posts
I have fished the pond near the big hill numerous times and have caught a few small bass and one 5LB bass 2 years ago. I think it was spawn season when I caught him. Other than that, i only see large Amurs swimming in there. Now they have made that particular pond a 15yr and under pond for kids. I didnt see the sign and a ranger told me. It is also freshly stocked this year. Not sure if this is the pond you are mentioning as there is another closer to the campground.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That is the pond. According to the website an adult can fish with one youth but the signs at the pond don't indicate that. Either way the pond is primarily for kids 15 and under.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts