Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Administrator
9,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Couple short of a 2-man ticket... NICE FISH though. couple in the 5lb+ class.

Purple hair jigs w/stinger, no minnow.
6-8 foot of water 1/2 mile off the point at Little Cedar Point.
Weather was a little rough starting out... cloudy, windy, some rain and stiff 2-3 footers.

We got a late start... my motor was grouchy after the hard rains this week. Had to fiddle at the dock for a while to straighten it out. Started fishing at 9:30... quit at 12:30. The bite absolutely stopped when the sun came out and the wind laid down.

Oh ya, and a boat sunk out of Turtle Creek this morning. What a day!

·
Registered
371 Posts
we ended up with a 4 man limit and then some in 45 mins down west of where you were at. i saw the boats in there tight on the way in. we were going to stop for a little just to see what was up but decided against it. our fish were nothing to write home about

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
purple huh, this sat was not like last weekend! my buddy caught everything on purple with stinger last weekend, didnt get touched today, used orange, and pink twister tails, and yellow ones, tipped with minnow, without and i got skunked and a lil ill first thing this am in those waves.haha, my buddy got two on vibee, nothing on jigs. although when we came in talked to two diff. boaters coming in also who all caught limit, on GREEN jigs with stingers no minnow and told us they threw four different colors before that without a fish. and didnt realize at the time my buddys vibee was guess what GREEN, so explains why they didnt hit my SILVER vibee. walleyes-1 me-0 always tomorrow with a lesson learned!!!!!!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Duckdude, glad to see you on the water today. Hopefully that mud doesnt push to far NW! Plan to head out again tomorrow. We will let you know how we do. If it is anything like today we should have no issues.

JD

·
Registered
371 Posts
Duckdude, glad to see you on the water today. Hopefully that mud doesnt push to far NW! Plan to head out again tomorrow. We will let you know how we do. If it is anything like today we should have no issues.

JD
right on! as always i appreciate the report out there. we had some fun. tried the night bite tonight with clark and came home with the :S . either way it was a beautiful night out there and a great morning. i think i am going to sleep in for the first time in something like 6 or 8 months tomorrow. some buddies of mine out east have been putting the hurting on the pigs after dark.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Fished with JD aboard REEL NAUGHTY this morning.Six man limit in a little over two hours.Blades and jigs.fished for a couple more hours for poops and giggles end up with somewhere around forty-five fish.THANX again JD.:D

·
Administrator
9,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Fished with JD aboard REEL NAUGHTY this morning.Six man limit in a little over two hours.Blades and jigs.fished for a couple more hours for poops and giggles end up with somewhere around forty-five fish.THANX again JD.:D
Where did you guys go out of and where did you fish?:T

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Ka Gee we launched out of Luna Pier and fished 10 fow on the west side of the ditch.Draw a straight line from the harbor light to Turtle Island,put yourself in the middle of that line and that is where JD put us down.

·
Administrator
9,500 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ka Gee we launched out of Luna Pier and fished 10 fow on the west side of the ditch.Draw a straight line from the harbor light to Turtle Island,put yourself in the middle of that line and that is where JD put us down.
Thanks for the info!:)

·
TROLL-aholic
275 Posts
about time i finally get to fish with ya Larry!!! have talked to ya for over 2 years, and never been able to make a trip out with ya! Always a good time out jigging....

KaGee - 5 miles straight outta luna pier....like ER said, 12 FOW, comes up to a little 10-11 foot hump....and they were there....took us no longer than 30 seconds to put the first fish in the box....had my limit in about 20 minutes....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts