close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Maumee 9/30

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by sickle, Sep 30, 2004.

1. I took a day off of work and fished Buttonwood from 10:30 - 1:30 today. I fished about 100 yards downstream from the path out on the rockpile. I caught 4 smallmouth - the biggest was almost 4 pounds (the biggest smallie of my life), a 2 1/2 ponder, and two 1 pounders. Unfortunately I didn't have my digital camera and it wouldn't have mattered because I was fishing by myself anyway. I was tempted to keep the big guy but I let them all go. All were caught on rapalas, both silver/black and gold/black. I tried a spinner, rattletrap, and a jig but didn't have any luck with them. Had the river all to myself, didn't see another fisherman the whole time I was out. It was the first time I've fished the Maumee outside of the walleye run and I was pleasantly surprised. Man, do those fish fight, especially in the fast current. Later.

2. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Congrats on the Smallies! I sure do miss that river. I went to college at the University of Toledo and used to wade the maumee alot. It was great after the walleye run because you have the whole river to yourself. :cool:

Great job on the Smallies!

:)

3. Glad ya had a good time,nothing like having a little mid week fishing fun to yourself.

4. glad to hear some real fish were finally pulled out. every report i've heard were one pounders or under. good job.

5. Went out today after church for a few hours and caught 5 more smallmouth. None over 15" however. I used my flyrod for the last hour and actually had another one on for a few seconds until it jumped and got off. It was quite windy and I was having a heckuva time trying to cast with it. Later.