Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I have 3 Fish Ohio Fish this year.

1. 30" Carp from 4 mile
2. 10.5 in Bluegill from a private pond
3. 28" Channel Cat from Acton Lake.

What is my best bet for a 4th to get the master angler pin? I thought I had it already but a 9" Rock Bass is not a Fish Ohio like I thought it was. I'm thinking Rock Bass is still my best bet. What would you be targeting?

·
Registered
5,336 Posts
I've always found Drum to be one of the easier Fish Ohio. In my opinion Saugeye and Hybrid Stripe Bass are not terribly difficult for a river angler in this area. {easier than a 20 inch smally, at least for me} A lot depends on How and Where you fish, I stay mainly on rivers and steams. Good Luck !

·
find me on YouTube: catchNrelease
669 Posts
rock bass would be pretty difficult i rarely catch ones that are over 10" but i have thugh the past two years that i was back home before i left for the navy i have a spot where i can catch 10" rockbass 9" bluegill and 14" crappie regularly within a few days then i always finish strong with either a LM or a huge carp from farm ponds...i can get master pin in like two weeks of fishing =]

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
With fall on the horizon I'd say one of the saugfishes.
I have never been able to successfully target them. I mean I have caught them, but only incidentally. Any tips? I am pretty sure 4 Mile only has eyes, not true saugers. Anyone confirm that?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I’ve caught saugeyes out of 4 Mile, some of them have been pretty nice too, I’ve never heard of a sauger being caught out of there though.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts