Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is having their yearly "get rid of all the fishing crap before the mad rush to buy hunting stuff happens" sale..........:D

I got a 250yd spool of Berkley Vanish 10lb. test for $5.00 - regularly $13.00

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Like a dummy, I didn't load up the day I was there.......and spent all weekend fussing over it - I'm hitting it again today and going to get a couple more spools. At that price, I can throw it on my kids' spiderman and barbie poles!

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
Hey Skarfer,
There's a reason they call that line Vanish. As soon as you cast out your favorite lure it vanishes because the line broke.;)
That Walmart has great deals on frozen raw shrimp for catfishing.

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Lewzer - I've never had any problem with that vanish line.......I use 20lb for a leader on braid and have never had any fail........

Sorry guys, but I went and bought the last 2 spools of 8lb. and 1 more 10lb........there was 2 spools of 10lb left..........

·
Eat Em Up Charters
3,616 Posts
All of the wal-marts are starting to sell stuff off. We have been getting cast nets for $15, I got Red Eye shads for $3 each and a nice new tackle back for $9 with boxes in it. Just keep checking the walmarts each week more goes on sale and they will all put stuff on sale all winter long. Got 2 gallons of Penzoil boat oil for $10 each.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
get it while you can. they dramatically cut there fishing section at North Olmsted:mad: due to uncontrollable theft :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Kayak Conquistador
546 Posts
I scored some MAJOR deals last year around this time at wallyworld. Berkley big game combos- $5. Fenwick 7' M/F w/ Abu cardinal sprinning combo- $15.

·
don m
1,014 Posts
Fanish is great for jig fishing/finese but terrible for casting. I lost $60.00 in three casts on long lake. Sounded like a 22 cal. pistal going off. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER AGAIN!!!!
Got the stuff on sale at a promotional coupon sale. Ended getting the gold and red for just about free. Now it's P-line.
good luck
don

1 - 13 of 13 Posts