Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Burnin line drowning worms
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wondering if a person can catch any good amount of perch at masquito?seems i can only catch a couple here n there .mabe its a waste of time!?any info helpful thanks

·
Registered
304 Posts
My best time for perch the last several years on mosquito is thru the ice. Shallow weed beds with minnow and jig worked good. Each year they seem to be getting bigger And more plentyfull as compared to say five years ago. On the ice I'm able to locate the schools easier in the shallower water and also that's usually where the Northerns like to hang out. This time of year on a boat I could never really get a good pattern going. As you said a few here and there, No fishing is a waste of time:)

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
16,046 Posts
I did pretty good fishing the northend from the causeway (in the rocks)this spring while crappie fishing. I kept catching them on my bottom hooks. I don't remember exactly how many I caught, but it was enough for dinner for 2 and I froze a bag of filets also. I think I was just in the right spot at the right time. I think itll be pretty hard to just target perch and do well. but you never know.

·
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I will keep trying !I'd love to ice fish but never got a chance to go yet.

Sent from my XT907 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I fish masquito for crappie n eyes .pick up a few perch .....I love perch !

·
Registered
936 Posts
I was catching mine in the weed bed edge on the western side with custom painted jigs and minnows using the 1/8oz and 1/4oz

·
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the info !I'll give it a shot

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
I fished the 88 stumpfield area today. Did pretty good for all that wind blowing. Got 22 crappies and a few keeper gills, all on jigs in 8 to 10 ft water.

·
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I could never figure out where those stumps are at

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
What electronics are you using ? I'm running big birds now but i found them even when i ran my eagle 320 and 480 years ago.

·
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I'm not sure what fish finder we have

·
Registered
55 Posts
stop at gander mountain and pick up a mosquito map it will show you all the stump fields and their gps location. if you have a smart phone download a free gps app it will get you close

1 - 12 of 12 Posts