close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Mason Ponds

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mcmd8700, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Hit some ponds in the Mason area the last couple of nights, and tore up the bass. I caught about 20 the last two days on plastic baits. I think the consistent warm weather helped.

2. Where in mason?are they private?i live i n mason been looking for some place close to home.any info would be appricated.

3. hey Crappie fanatic, Have you fished the ponds over behind Mason High School and the Community Center? I haven't fished them because I live in Columbus but my stepmom works at the Community center and she said there was a kid that pulled a 40 pound catfish out of the ponds. I am not sure exactly where these ponds are but you might have some fun fishing them. Good luck.

fishintiger

4. no i havent ,will check them out. thanks

5. catking

catking Banned

Hey Guys- I cannot recall the name of the park in Mason, but I believe it's off RT42? Anyways, they will begin to stock Blue cats and flat heads this month. I saved the article, as it was printed in April, but now can't find it :rolleyes: But they will be stocking the cats ;) .CATKING

6. There are several ponds in the area that I fish. There is one on the very north end of Deerfield near creek rd. It has bass in it, although they are hard to get to from the bank. I have not pulled any big bass (only dinks) out of there, but I did catch a nice cat on a crankbait. There is pond owned by Mason near the tennis center. Apparently they stock all kinds of fish in there including perch, pike, cats, bass, etc. You have to buy a pass from Mason to fish there, and they are cheap if you are a resident. Otherwise I think they are $50 a year for a non resident. I am not a resident, and I only fished there once, and did manage a nice bass. There is pond n Snider rd that has one big bass in it I think. I have seen a big one caught, and one roaming the banks. But other than that the bass I have caght there are pretty small. I think that pond is overrun with small bass and gills. Then there are the ponds that you have find on your own. Most of the land out there was all farm land, and now is being built up. They tend to keep the ponds intact when they build new homes and shops. Keep an eye out, and you will stumble on them. Just make sure you are not trespassing, and always ask permission.

7. is it pine hill lake?you have to buy a pass to fish there.they do stock it,with catfish and trout.i think it's 25.00 per year if you live in mason.i don't know what they charge if you don't.never really caught much there.a bunch of little crappie was about it.

8. catking

catking Banned

Yes crappie fanatic-It is Pine Hill. I found the article a few hours ago. Hey guys, anybody ever fish the lake located in Xenia? The one right in the middle of town? I know a guy who fishes there and does excellent on big cats. Nice lake.......... THE CATKING !!!