Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Marsh lake in Fairfield Ohio last night. And the night was pretty good I caught 4 channel cats one was 21-1/2" long and the other 3 were about 18" long the wife caught 2 channel cats one pushing 23" and the other was just shy of 19". Out of the 3 I kept there was about 12lbs of cat and we caught 6 cats between 7:30 and 12:30 had to leave cuz I ran out if bait. So it looks like I'll be head back real soon for another fun night.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sounds good, do you ever bass fish at Marsh, I've tried a couple time but it was middle of Summer with limited success. Such a clear lake, someone mentioned going when there is overcast skies and wind, which would probably help at least for bass.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know how the bass fishing is there but from what I here it's pretty good
But other than that I wouldnt know I've only fished there twice for catfish

·
Annyong!
1,461 Posts
Went to Marsh lake in Fairfield Ohio last night. And the night was pretty good I caught 4 channel cats one was 21-1/2" long and the other 3 were about 18" long the wife caught 2 channel cats one pushing 23" and the other was just shy of 19". Out of the 3 I kept there was about 12lbs of cat and we caught 6 cats between 7:30 and 12:30 had to leave cuz I ran out if bait. So it looks like I'll be head back real soon for another fun night.
Sounds like a good few hours Phantom; what were you using to catch the channels?

Sounds good, do you ever bass fish at Marsh, I've tried a couple time but it was middle of Summer with limited success. Such a clear lake, someone mentioned going when there is overcast skies and wind, which would probably help at least for bass.

I went bass fishing there yesterday from 6 till 9 PM. I didn't get a nibble until 8. Between 8 and 8:30 I caught three bass and lost two others. One I felt the strike but couldn't get the hook set. The other I got hooked up but he went airborne and spit the bit.

The three I landed were 16.5", 14.5" and 13". The picture is of the biggest one.

I caught them on a 5" Senko (Pumpkin w/ black and green) Texas rigged weightless. I cast out as far as I could and let it sink for a good minute and then started twitching it in. All the hook ups were pretty far off shore, which was cool cause I had to fight em in a good ways.

Attachments

·
Registered
129 Posts
Went out with the lady for the first time last night (08/27) and managed to pull in a few decent sized channels. When people said the lake is clear, I didn't know it was that clear. I would definitely like to visit during the day and see how the entire lake looks like. It seems like bass fishing would be fun. Supposedly, they're supposed to get rental boats soon. Should be fun!

·
river rat
2,268 Posts
they are the far back of the lake on the left is already open..it's clear but not like the the great lakes where you can see bottom, was told they might have cabins there don't know when

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I went up on Friday night and I didn't get one bite lol. I went up there durning the day the lake is really clear it's a really light blue. I plain on making a 4th trip this year I've caught 6 channels out of there and my old lady has caught 2. The only bad thing is the lake doesn't have a water source and the water level has dropped a lot in the past 3 weeks I would say at least 3 to 4 feet in that time frame but I still want to go back lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts