close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Marriage Question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Walter Adkins, Sep 26, 2005.

1. What month did you get married and why that month?
    I got hitched in November. Why? I figured that if I only gave my wife and mother 1 month to argue over arrangements the better off my wife and the rest of my life would be.

2. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

We got married in June. Why? Best timing for us and best weather we could hope for on our honeymoon! I planned a lot of the wedding. No arguing. I just did it. I had prior experience through a company I had worked for in HS and college.

3. id rather run for the hills...LOL

4. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

hmmmm.let me get back to you on that.i have to go get the answers from my wife.

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

November here also. That's when I got a 3- day pass from the Air Force in 1968 to come home and get her. Besides they weren't to free with passes in 1968. Oh, forgot to mention, my brother was coming home in December from the army and my wife was his girl friend before he left :D Honestly!!!! That's alright he ended up married (5 years) to my X-girl friend. I did pick the better one that's for sure.

6. Basskisser1

Basskisser1 And A Kiss For Good Luck!

Well, we got married in the month of March.....why? It was after grouse season and before turkey season. I thought if I ever wanted him to take me away for our anniversary, it would have to be when hunting was at a stand still.

7. dip

dip dip

what a grotesque topic! :(

8. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Oct. 3rd. The leaves would be turning pretty well at that time for our driving on our honeymoon.

Dale, that is one crazy story! ;)

- No its not dip. I guess its all in one's persective, like most things in life.;)

9. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I have to agree with dip on this one..I am on my 4th marriage, twice to the same women..LOL

10. We Got Married In July..the Fishing Was Slow And It Wasnt Huntin Season Yet..we Got Divorced 17 Mos.later..why?when I Went Fishin Or Huntin She
    Went Fishing And Hunting Too...but It Wasnt For Fish Or Deer...lol..

11. one up on ya flathunter,,,,and don t ask why!!!!!!!!i was married for 26 yrs to one and she passed after an operation....she was the best ole gal there was.married to one 3 times roflmao!!!!!first one lasted two yrs.....thats five oh god!!!

12. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

November for me as well. The "13th" to be exact, that way our aniversary is on "Friday the 13th":eek: every now and then!
    We were actually supposed to get married the following February but the bickering from her mom was unbearable :mad: . If you were around you would have thought her mom was the one getting married. I will say one thing about marriage; it is a wonderful institution, but who in the hell wants to live in an institution?! :D :p

13. Same here Buddy Punk, November 13, 1993. Yep she has put up with me all these years.

14. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

Hey, that's my anniversary as well.:cool:
    Honestly, I would be lost without her. :C
    12 years this November 13, what do you give for a 12 year anniversary?

15. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

12 years with you???? I'd say something VERY nice :D

But I have my 37th. this year and anyone that could put up with me that long deserves something in diamonds for sure. My buddy says the only reason I've lasted so long is I have been fishing or hunting 25 of those years. :p
    like anything guys, if you find the right one you can be very happy, if not life can be a real mess. I've been blessed with this one. My brother, as I said before dated my wife, in High school. He has been married 3 times and is now working on his 4th. Man I thought he would have learned by now. :confused:

16. bronzebackyac

bronzebackyac Crick Smallie Fisherman

Must be something with November. We were aiming for May 15th but I could not imagine thinking about all of the details and bs for the whole winter and part of spring. So... Nov 27th it was. Tell me I did not get some serious bonus points from the wife on the honeymoon for missing the first week of deer season. OH Yeah. Luckily I already got one in bow season. It still kinda hurt to not be in the woods the first week of Dec.

17. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

don't feel bad,jack,LOL.
    you could have a record like husky :D
    but that ain't so bad either.i have a friend who's been there 6 times(maybe more by now,lol)and 4 of them with the same one:rolleyes:
    had a friend years ago who had 10 to his credit,but if he's still alive,i'm sure he's added a few notches ;)
    a proffesional groom,he was,LOL.
    personally,i'm on my 4th and last.but if she'd been my 1st,she might still have been my last.that's a positive,not a negative statement ;)
    though i thought about going round 2 with a couple of the ex's,my little tiny bit of common sense told me NO!! :D

18. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

Add me to the November weddings list. My wife and I had a hell of a time trying to make both our families agree on what "they wanted" for "our wedding". In the end, we decided to elope and that was that. (9 years later, we're still happy with our decision.)

19. 5-26-2001
    the big five years is coming. I guess I'll take her to SanFrancisco.

20. After we met, everything of importance in our relationship seemed to be coming in six month increments. So, I proposed to her on July 6th and we married six months later on January 6th. We had a big church wedding in Florida where she grew up.