Marlin 22LR not ejecting

Discussion in 'Guns and Ammo' started by stcroixjoe, Jul 8, 2007.

1. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe (stcroixjoe)

i have a older marlin semi auto tube feed and every time i shot it it gets jammed up i cleand the hell out of it and it still jams up any ideas????

2. I have one that did that also.it was the recoil spring.got one from marlin for about 3 dollars.it is easy to take apart and replace

3. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

what kind of amo you running through it the wincheters jam up my 22 every 5 shots

4. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe (stcroixjoe)

just the cheap thunderbolts from dicks

5. stcroixjoe

stcroixjoe (stcroixjoe)

6. fishingful

fishingful Time to fish!

sometimes when i shoot cheep stuff their isent enough poweder to eject the spent cartrige and i get a stove pipe jam

7. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

I'd try a different ammo first. It can make a huge difference.
    Thunderbolts are about the dirtiest burning ammo you can use.

8. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

Yup, try different ammo. My Ruger 10/22 acted up too.
    I actually found the CCI hollow points work really good.

9. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

avoid Rem Thunderbolts, Rem Golden Bullets, and Winchester Wildcats. If you must shoot cheap ammo, Federal Champion (load #510) works best for me.
    A steady diet of CCI ammo would be what I suggest.
    CCI will also most likely improve your accuracy. Here is a 5 shot group using CCI standard velocity and a $20 Marlin (Glenfield) 70 (same action as your rifle)
    [​IMG]

10. Those Marlin actions (Glenfields included) dont tolerate dirty ammo very well. I have a Glenfield 75 (carbine version of the mod 70 and marlin model 60) and as long as I use CCI mini mag hp or a decent standard velocity or target ammo, it shoots 500-1000 rounds between cleanings/malfunctions. If i use cheap ammo, like the Win Wildcats or thunderbolts i might get 50 rounds before it jams. Just the nature of those beasts. Same with my Win model 190 though it tolerates it a little better, maybe getting 100 rounds of cheap stuff before jamming. But as long as I use good ammo, a quick chamber and barrel clean every 500-1000 keeps em thumpin'.

Huntinbull