close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Marketplace pet peeve

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Toxic, Sep 8, 2008.

1. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

Something that I see a lot of. Someone will post something and the never type in their location. Maybe put your zip code or town. It would save a lot of people asking questions on like "where you located". I see it all the time. It just might help sell you sell your item(s) faster. Maybe is should be part of the market rules. Okay I'm done ranting. ;)

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i know what you mean.it would help in many cases.but making it a rule would not work for a couple reasons.
    a lot of people hate a lot of the rules we have now,LOL.
    and more than that,most people don't bother reading those rules anyway;)

3. Toxic

Toxic Defensor Fortis

I hear ya Rick. I see a lot of things that interest me. If I knew that they were close to me, it may spark my interest in looking more into the item.

4. Rules...what rules....where we're going we don't need no stinkin rules!

I agree though, it does get frustrating. It should be required when you register.

5. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

it should be mandatory below your screen name,like most of us do?

6. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

what if we are a multi dimensional entity existing in numerous spacial and temporal planes at once?

7. You gotta believe some sellers are being intentionally vague in the hope of getting free bumps, while others just don't think to put themselves in the buyers position.

I think there should be an optional "input aid" pinned to the top of the forum that the seller could then copy & paste into their ad...if they choose.

8. KaGee

KaGee Monkeywrench Staff Member

It's also amazing the amount of posts offering high ticket goods for sale without a picture.

Think about it... who is going to seriously consider buying a boat or car without seeing it?

9. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i couldn't handle too many more like you;)

ok,enough of the hijacking.

10. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

I like Net's idea about having some information that could easily be copied and pasted by anyone selling anything. Not something mandatory, but just a visual aid to encourage certain specific information to be included.