Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If this isn't allowed take it off. But wanted to make people aware that I received 2 suspicious emails with links to click after placing an item on the OGF marketplace. They seemed odd and before opening I searched to see if they were truly members, which both checks confirmed they were not.
Furthermore, my PM box showed no messages even though my e-mail box showed the two attached messages.
And lastly one email used the word "mate" and the second email showed it was sent from a cell phone not even sold or used in the United States. Just be aware of this to avoid compromising your personal info, computer or phone issues.

Screenshot_20210719-210702_Email.jpg
Screenshot_20210719-210640_Email.jpg

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
'Super Moderator'
12,899 Posts
Thanks for posting this ErieRider.
Both of those subhuman vermin have IP addresses from Lagos,Nigeria and where booted a couple days ago.
Nigeria is where a lot of these parasites come from.

Guys/gals beware...we have been inundated lately with scammers.
Seems to come in spurts.
But seems lately...these worthless thieving scumbags are extra hungry and vigilant as they are attempting to become members under a different avatar as soon as their original avatar is banned.
As always...PLEASE BE CAREFUL WHO YOU ARE DEALING WITH!!!

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
You and Kenny attract all the riif raf. Haha. Just kidding. It is everywhere, I get so many junk e-mails it takes 20 minutes to delete them every day.

·
Registered
3,976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yup... the story of my life...lol.I know many guys feel more secure selling on here and wanted to give a heads. Again, I never clicked and did my research but wanted to let people know it's out there. And as you can see it looked legit. But when it said to click the email link and also the phone it was sent from.... just searching the phone model shows the phone is from overseas and used in South Africa and Nigeria to name a few

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
9,500 Posts
This is going on in other Carbon Media websites as well.
We are snagging them as fast as possible.
The list for those that were blocked is more than double the ones who make it through.
Sorry guys, we really are trying to stop this.

·
Registered
958 Posts
The list for those that were blocked is more than double the ones who make it through.
Thank you sir !

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've put up wanted posts on LOU and have twice received the friend etc has one with the jasonflawless686 address. Usually these folks are easy to figure out, but be very careful.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I've received messages here on OGF to email that address as well. Different OGF username, sent the info to the mods here...

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
good luck with that, they breed like flys

·
Registered
1,456 Posts
Just curious, couldnt you block international IP's from posting? I cant think of a legit reason for international ppl to be on this site.... save for maybe some Canadian's looking to vaca here or contributing to the Erie section. It is, "Ohio" game fishing.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
I believe that you can report the email address to google and they will address on their end as well.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

·
'Super Moderator'
12,899 Posts
Just curious, couldnt you block international IP's from posting? I cant think of a legit reason for international ppl to be on this site.... save for maybe some Canadian's looking to vaca here or contributing to the Erie section. It is, "Ohio" game fishing.
Don't know if thats something that can be done automatically or not....but it would help.
Maybe one of the other staff members with better IT skills can answer that one.

·
Administrator
9,500 Posts
It would be neat if IP addy's was somewhere when they open a membership?
Doubt if that's possible, but would help. :)
Most of these guys are using virtual IPs...

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
Well, if you guys aren't gonna play, how will I ever get my cut of that Nigerian princes' inheritance he keeps emailing me about??? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
92 Posts
If their accessing the email thru a members profile, can that email addy be hidden? There are websites that mask the persons/members email when they communicate with others as well so the persons email address is not compromised.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts