Marietta Area Fishing

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by yethound2002, May 27, 2008.

1. yethound2002

yethound2002 Living for Tommorow

Hello all, new and just joined, but been a few years since i've been fishing, but this year i got a boat and just bought a trolling motor and going to be going and getting my dad for fishing. We used to fish seneca, and veto lake, and mostly the ohio river at the dam access points. But now we will be out on the river so wondering some good spots for the area if anyone know any.

2. yethound2002

nvm just spotted another thread sorry bout the spam lol delete if u like.

3. Greetings!

Its been a few years since I owned a boat and fished the river much, but a couple of good places are the hot water discharges at the factories. There are a couple at DuPont and a really huge one at the Ampo Power station (the one right across from Eramet on Rt 7 in Ohio). You used to be able to catch almost anything there. I used to go early in the morning and tear up the hybrids when they were in there. Also pretty good catfishing at times. Just anchor on the upstream side of the discharge and go at it. To fish Ampo, its best to put in at Williamstown and go down river. The heads of the islands are usually productive as well. the head of the island at williamstown used to have a deep hole on the WV side and usually held good numbers of fish as well.

Hope this helps

Blessings!!

4. yethound2002

Wow yea thx, i would of never even thought of them area's. We usually always fish up by the dam's but it'll be nice to try some new spots, maybe we'll get lucky and pull something up with 3 eye's lol ;-) but again thx for the info, born and raised in marietta and woulda never thought of it.

5. You probably know this but I just thought I would mention that you WV fishing lic lets you fish Ohio river and streams that empty into the Ohio river up to the first riffle or Damn. So that lets you fish the Muskingum river up to Devols dam. There is some good fishing all along there.

6. If you come down and put in in Belpre and you can fish the point and wing dams on Blenn. Island. Real short run with the boat and you can catch all kinds of different fish.