close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

March HAWG!

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishingredhawk, Mar 20, 2008.

1. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Just got off the water with my brother. One bite, but it was a good one.

4.8lbs on the digital, 21.5 inches. Very long fish, thought it was going to be over 5lbs. INHALED a jig.

Enjoy the pics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Great Fish!!! That is the way to get started!!! The jig will not let ya down!! Thank for sharing. Congrats.

3. nice fish !! Congrats !

Keep fishin,

4. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Looks more like 4.10lbs to me:D

Helluva Bass, can't wait!!

5. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

Nice job, but i agree with parmabass, get that scale checked! I was thinking more like 5.04lbs:D :D I guess your gonna have to take me back to your quarry so i can break that 5lb fish for ya! Awesome fish i'm jealous.

6. DANG IT! i was going to go out today and throw my jig and pig at the local pond Wateredge/Plantation lakes. Is pork better for cold water or will plastic work just as good as a trailer. Also should i fish it in stained rather than clear water? Sorry for steppin on your post

7. fishingredhawk

I fish it in any water clarity.

I also strictly use plastic, although I know guys who prefer pork early in the season.

8. Now thats what i have been waitng to see!! I knew you would be posting a hawg soon. A pig as usual!! Let the pigging and jiging begin!!:) Great job!!

9. Way to go, Mike! Two questions though....
    1. how long did you have that poor thing out of water?
    2. when you gonna take me fishin?
    -Lac

10. fishingredhawk

1. I have a livewell

2. Soon!

11. Super fish, I hope to do as well soon. I will be fishing crappie for a while, time to make sure the fish fry will be plentifull. Then I will just fish for fun and all C&R. Just eat the little ones.

12. how heavy of a jig u using and what pound test?

13. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

nice fish, did you get it where that little trickle of water comes into the lake below the building? I always liked that spot.

14. Pigsticker

Pigsticker State record bass or bust

Nice fish! What a way to start the year. Guess its time to start hittin' the quarries.

15. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Nice bass! Way to go.

CG

16. JignPig Guide

JignPig Guide Fishing Guide

Nice fish! What a way to start the season!

17. I_WALL_I

I_WALL_I Member

Way to go!!! Now I'll have to get out in the rain/snow this weekend. I'll be putting my small boat in a couple of strip pits looking for one like that!! Great job!!

18. EDD

EDD BASS BUM

Your definitely hardcore bass fisherman,
    you have the magic touch for big bass,
    I know you put in the hours

19. Another nice fish redhawk. You are definitely the OGF poster boy for cold water bassin' in Ohio. Awesome pics too.