Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are spending a long weekend at Lake Point Motel in Marblehead. Unsure if we will go on a headboat or not. Can anyone tell me if it's worth fishing off of the beach there, or by the lighthouse, especially at night? I've never fished the area from shore. Species is not important. Any old fish will do. Thanks.

·
Perch Addict
892 Posts
Lake Point park, I caught a five pound bass in the creek that connects the Park lake and Lake Erie...........Also, try a jigworm ( Lead head with a 4" plastic worm) out in the main lake right there at Lake Point park as well.............I've killed them there before.

Lots of Blue Gills in that lake at the park too.........HUGE Carp as well.

·
113 Posts
fish on the bottom at night, anywhere around there and i'm sure you'll find a nice mixed bag. i would defenitly give it a shot.

·
Jiggin Freak
2,626 Posts
Catawba State park is'nt too far from there... Have had some good nights with w. bass off the stone beach there. Also is pretty well lit up, don't need to take much more that a small flashlight. Fishing on the bottom with a crappie rig type spreader will catch just about anything that swims out there. Good luck!

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
You can just about always catch something by the lighthouse. I've caught tons of whitebass at times and even some really nice smallies and if nothing else you can fish a crawler on the bottom and catch sheephead, catfish and carp. Thats my favorite spot to shore fish on Erie.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks guys!! You've been helpful. My wife grew up cane-poling Kentucky Lake, and hasn't got used to the constant cast, retrieve of Bass fishing yet. As for me, I throw buzzbaits so much I think my reeling hand spins in my sleep. Looking forward to a change of pace. Sheepshead would be great. Strong fighters, and I'm not gonna keep anything anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts