close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Marathon reels

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Doctor, Jul 21, 2004.

1. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

At a tournament this past weekend in Louisville, Ky I won a Quantum big Cat rod and it came with a M7000 reel mounted to it, looks like a good copy of an Abu 7000, Black in color, clicker, the works, cast like a dream, anybody ever heard of them, going to test it out this coming weekend at a tournament in Leavenworth, I'm used to Abu 6500's so this one is rather large compared to the 6500's, not bad for just showing up to a tournament..........Doc

2. A buddy of mine bought a couple of those off Ebay. Apparently, the guy making them use to work for Abu Garcia, so they're just about identical to the Abu's. I haven't heard how he like's them yet, but I'm interested to see how they are.

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I just checked those reels out on EBAY, they do look like an abu 7000, and with the same specs...Nice looking reel1

4. Does anyone have any of these reels that they want to sell???? Ive had a couple of them over the last few years and id like to pick up a few if I can!