close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Many Thanks for the "FEST"

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Lundy, Sep 27, 2004.

1. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

The First Annual Hawg Fest was a great success!

Thank you to everyone that fished the tourney and attended the party, your support made it all possible.

It is always tough to thank everyone for all of the hard work that went into making this even a success, for fear of forgetting someone. There were so many that worked so very hard. Thanks to everyone that made it possible.

It was great seeing a lot of old friends again, meeting a lot of new people, and putting some faces with some names. I know that there were many that I didn’t get to meet. I’ll try to fix that at the next outing

The tourney drew 51 boats, which is one of the largest non pro tourneys to be held on Erie in recent memory. To have that many entries for our (WBSA / OGF) first try is awesome. There were a lot of really nice big fish caught and nearly $6000 in prize money paid out to the top 12 teams plus the two big fish pots ($840, $460) and lots of other donated items that were given away.

The party was great other than a cold north wind and more hungry people than we anticipated. We did a lot of things very well for our first attempt at an outing of this size and we also identified a few things we will adjust next year to make it an even bigger and better event.

Our tag line for this event “It just keeps getting better” really means something to us that worked so hard to make this event a reality. Those words expressed much more than just our thoughts towards this year’s event. Those words are a continued promise to the OGF membership, not only of a bigger, and better Fest next year(It will be!), but our commitment to keep growing and making OGF better for the membership. We appreciate you.

Thanks again to everyone that helped and attended.

Kim

2. You guys keep having events like this I might have to move back from the "plywood" state!!!! If I do it would be in the spring, have to take a snowy icey freezing cold winter off..... :D

Congrats on a job well done!!!!!!!!

Jason

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

BIGTIME!

I can't echo enough the sentiments of the OGF/WBSA staff...we all had a blast, and would like to thank our sponsors and participants for all of their support!

This was our first event (expect a Hawg Fest 2005!), and we although we are very pleased with how the event went, we will be making some minor changes for the next go around as we've learned a lot from the weekend!

Special thanks to the bands The Process and Mazaru for entertaining us! You guys ROCKED!

Congrats to all of the tournament and raffle winners as well, and a BIG THANKS to everyone!