close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

man drowns at paint creek

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by traphunter, Jan 11, 2005.

1. traphunter

traphunter Guest

Just read in the paper of a hillboro man that drove his car into paint creek lake while it was flooded, and drowned. Another unfortunate accident.:(

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I heard on 700 WLW that he was driving on a road that had a large sign that read "High Water", etc...., but someone was trying to be funny & stole the sign. So when this guy was driving (must have been @ dark???) there was no evidence that the road lead to a high water area then a drop off into Paint Creek.

3. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

There were warning signs and a barricade in place to prevent this sort of thing. Someone removed them and the fellow wasn't able to stop in time. He did help save his teenage passenger but sadly he couldn't make it to safety. The Ohio highway patrol is looking for the individuals responsible for removing the warning signs and barricade. This incident was totally preventable.

4. catking

catking Banned

I believe I heard it was at Snake Road that this took place. For all of you that fish Rattlesnake Creek, you know where this is. It's the only road to the right once you turn into the road to go to the ramp......... CATKING

5. I hope that they catch the idiots that removed the signs, and charge them with MURDER!

6. I heard about this on my local news, but they did not mention anything about the warning signs being removed by vandals.

I'm ASSuming it was kids or young adults that did this as a prank, etc... I sure wish there was a way to show young folks the potential consequences of their actions. A little "prank" ends up taking a man's life :(

I know I wouldn't be able to sleep @ night if I had anything to do with something like this. Hopefully the perps have a conscious and turn themselves over to authorities.

My heart goes out to the gentleman's family. It is always hard to lose a loved one, but it's even tougher when it was preventable.