close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Make certain you vote!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by UFM82, Nov 2, 2004.

1. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

Do your duty! Be heard!

UFM82

A Public Service Announcement

2. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

The way the line looked this morning it may actually be tomorrow before everyone gets to vote!! :D

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Although this does violate our TOS against political posts, we'll let it fly in the spirit of today's events. Dems, Republicans, Indies...everyone who has the right SHOULD VOTE!

As long as the guts of this thread is getting EVERYONE to vote, we're cool.

4. Wait a minute. I heard on the news last night that Democrats don't vote until Wednesday in the Columbus area. So what is your hurry.:eek: :D

They had an article on the news last night that evidently someone was passing out flyers instructing the Democrats to wait until Wednesday. I actually thought it was kind of funny at first when I heard it. But then I thought, sure enough someone will be gullible enough to believe it.

So I am here to tell you that yes they are wanting everyone to vote today...even the Democrats.:D

I will actually be glad when this is all over because I won't have to check the half a dozen messages every night from all of my "friends" telling me who to vote for. One night Laura Bush called. Another night Arnold Schwarznegger called. I mean it is nice of them to take the time to call me personally.:rolleyes:

5. ShakeDown

I actually got SPAMMED text message from the GOP today on my cell. Couldn't believe it.

6. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

If anyone actually tries to vote tomorrow....they should never be allowed to vote again. :p

THINK FOR YOURSELF

VOTE

7. Shakedown,

I hesitated to post to this due to the TOS as well but decided to stay as generic as possible with my post.;)

8. ShakeDown

I was actually going to violate the TOS myself with a reminder to vote post...as long as this doesn't get over the top with last minute campaigning, we'll let it run it's course. There are other sites for that ;)

9. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

We had 5 messages on our machine last night reminding us how important this election is. 2 from Wes Clark, 1 from Slick Willy, 1 From George W and 1 from the Delaware County election Committee. I played the one from Dubya to my sons who are 5 & 7 and they were like holy cow I can't beleive the President called us!! :D

10. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

I vote for ICE, bring on the cold weather...

Sowbelly

11. catking

catking Banned

You would vote for ice Potbelly :rolleyes: .Hey, when the ice is safe, give DA KING !!! a buzz......You can maybe give me my first lesson on ice fishing :confused: ........... THE CATKING !!!.Oh yea people.PLEASE VOTE !!!

12. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Is a reminder to do your public citizen duty in a generic form an actual Political thread? ;) Just wonderin.

13. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

Vote early and vote often.

14. To all the men and women who protect my right to vote!

Sliprig

15. I got there @ 6:26 am and waited in a line out the door :eek:
    I was ballot # 91 and it took over an hour! I think it may be a record for turnout this year.

I'm glad it will all be over soon; I'm sick of the constant TV adds.

16. Fishin' Coach

Fishin' Coach Wall I ETR

Arrived at 6:45 to a 20 min line... Agree should be a banner turn out.

Also got the phone call's last few nights... :rolleyes:
    I think they should be required to leave a return number :D

17. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

No issues thought- it was a tongue-in-cheek jab at the other side. :D

I don't think a reminder is out of line- it is a civic duty and right to vote. We are very unusual in the world and we should be VERY proud of that fact.

King! Where were you when I needed you???

UFM82

18. ShakeDown

Tell you what...I didn't change it until prolly 6 posts in...took me that long to realize what it said :D

I'm Shakedown, and I approve this message.

19. Nice thread. People should be reminded to vote. Tough to see how someone could forget, but....

Now, let's all go fishin!!!

20. You beat me to the punch... :D