close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Majic Jack phone service?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by dinkbuster1, Nov 28, 2008.

1. anyone use this new product yet or know more about it? picked up one at radio shack today, $29.99 and first years service free. gonna check around before i take it out the package. for those who dont know about it, you plug this little device into a USB port on your computer, then plug in a phone, and for the yearly fee ($19.99) you get a local number and free local and long distance for a year....YES EACH YEAR FOR $19.99! met a guy in line today at ACE Hardware and he has it and said its exactly the same as Digital Phone but WAY cheaper!
    http://www.magicjack.com/9/index.asp

2. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

i don't have any experience with it,but it sounded too good,so i googled it awhile back and read a lot of negative reviews. i'd do some more research before opening the package;)

3. I used it, and it does work, but the sound quality is extremely poor. When I would call people I would have to yell for them to hear me. I got rid of it, and went with vonage, and have had no problems.

You can do what I did, go to the magic jack website and order it, they'll offer you your $$ back if you dont like it. They sent my money back w/ no problem.

Also, for magic jack or vonage, you'll more than likely recieve a number that is a long distance call for people in your local calling area.

4. A buddy at work bought on eand brought it into work. Seemed to much of a hassel and didn't work very well. The reason he brought it in was because it wouldn't work with his Clearwire internet service. Also When he called us from it it would show up in the Caller ID as a las vegas number, and the sound quality would be terrible. I would be real careful before opening that package.

5. after reading several review pages online i have decided................................................................................................................................................................................they go "back to tha Shack" tomorrow!! :S :(

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

LOL.i thought that would be a mind changer;)
    i found lots more bad than good.

7. I also read some reviews on this after seeing the commercial....most of them swayed towards the negative side as Misfit said.