Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got the new boat (new to me) in the water today and I ran very well. It was really nice to stay dry on the run back in. The only mishap came when I lost my anchor. It kind of eneded my Perch fishing. I'll give it another try tomorrow.

Wes

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
What kind of anchor is best for Erie? I have a 16' aluminum deep V and 15# river anchor (almost like a mushroom anchor but has 3 wide prongs) which I'm sure is not adequate. I'm sure I'll need more than 100' of rope too. Any advice appreciated!

·
KrustyDawg
2,633 Posts
Ohiojmj
I prefer the fluke anchor, they dig in really well on those gusty days. I carry close to 150ft. of rope. The more chop the more rope ya let out.

KDawg.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Don't forget to add a section of chain between the anchor and the rode. It will help the anchor dig in and hold in the wind and waves.

·
Premium Member
10,880 Posts
Wes,

Glad the maiden voyage went well, except for the anchor loss, did you try the Wormdrowner technique to pull your anchor? :D

It looks like next wednesday is open!!!! and I'll already be up there, you won't have to wait on me.

Where are we going? Vermilion, Eastlake, Conny

Kim

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Kim,

Why don't we give Conny a try. Be sure to bring your PA liscense so in case we drift across that dotted line.

Guys,

I now have a 20' Cobia with a 140hp Johnson outboard. It handles Erie very nice. I was out today in 2' - 4' waves with a few 5's thrown in and it did real well. I'll post some pictures as soon as I gussie her up some.

Wes

·
Premium Member
10,880 Posts
Wes,

Conny it is!

I'll be ready for a change of scenery.

PA license is in my wallet, not I just need a pin of some kind to display it, how strange.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Glad to hear you have a new boat Wes! Watch out for Kim...he'll corrupt ya! ('course you already know that, huh?)

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Jim,

I was corrupted long before I met Kim, but it's nice to able to fish with some one that's on the same level of corruption as I am. This way no one has to put on a facade.

Wes

1 - 13 of 13 Posts