close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Maiden voyage of the S.S. Woody

Discussion in 'Catfish Discussion' started by M.Magis, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Justcrazy and the better half took the "kids" out in the new boat this weekend and we decided to try unchartered waters for big flatheads. Despite most of our baits ending up snagged or mysteriously gone, this little female managed to find one. Not quite what we were hoping for, but the weather was good, and once the spotlight pirates went home it was a nice night.
    Captain Woody was right at home on the new ship, but I failed to capture a picture.

[​IMG]

2. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

She looks really pretty compared to the scarred up males we have been catching. Any flathead in this heat is a good flathead!

3. So where is the "little" one?:D:p

Great job Mike!! That is a very nice looking fish. So what was the weight on her?

4. JUSTCRAZY

JUSTCRAZY Wurlds Wurst Spellor

That little girl went 25lbs, about 24lb better than the little channel cat that took my goldfish.
    Besides the mystery of where our baits went, Mike forgot to mention the channel cat we tried to keep inside a baitholding net. The net was completly closed and in the water. Somehow the fish was "eaten?" without the net being unzipped, or a hole being created in the net. Wierd things happen in the dark, it must have been "that damn sasquach"

Capt Woody was happy to get out and fish again. He is still trying to show his younger friend Shadow the ropes, but between you and me, Shadow is not the brightest dog!

As for the boat, it was nice. The woman, two dogs and I were quit comfortable sleeping with the full enclosure up. Even if the bats did keep trying to get in.

Rob

5. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

It must be very nice in there if Woody gave up Mikes pillow and sleeping bag to be in there :)

I still have a pic of Woody on his first ride in the last boat.

[​IMG]