Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally got to take my new slayer out for a ride today and my ascend A10. Ive had the slayer for a month now and just hadnt been able to get out with it. I just picked the ascend up yesterday at bps in rossford. my wife and i took them out on lake erie for the trial run.both of them did great and performed as expected .conditions were great and just little ripples on the water.since the water conditions were good today i decided to try and stand in this super stable kayak that is the slayer.and lets just say they make it look a lot easier than it is.plus im 6'1" 250 lbs. I plum fell right of the thing. I did successfully stand in it on the second and third attempts though.the last picture is me just after falling off the first time.my wife and i were laughing.hope you enjoy the pictures.

·
Registered
934 Posts
If you do not have a stand/sit assist cord I would install one stat if you plan on standing. Getting up really isnt the hard part, you have to get the center of gravity over your feet, which like me we have a little more than other ;). It really helps with sitting down, which turns into a controlled fall lol.

Other than that it just takes time. You will understand how the boat feels, and how much rocking is to much. This is the first year I really feel like I can stand and fish effictively without doing it just to do it.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it paddled fine on the lake.but there was little wind and no waves today.i tested a 12 foot slayer before i bought the 14 footer and was expecting it to be a little faster than it was.i really dont think the 14 is any faster than the 12.but i think it tracks better and is more stable in the high seat position.the wheel on the back is pretty much useless in the sand but worked well on harder ground.cant wait to get back out and get some fishing time in it.

·
Slayin' and filletin'
1,985 Posts
If you do not have a stand/sit assist cord I would install one stat if you plan on standing. It really helps with sitting down, which turns into a controlled fall.
That's about it right there. My 'Cuda has an assist strap, very handy.

...the wheel on the back is pretty much useless in the sand but worked well on harder ground.
Sand requires balloon or beach wheel$.. I drug my kayak around on a home made cart in Waves NC last month and was fine on any harder surface, including packed sand but when I got into the softer stuff my 2" wide pneumatic tires just plowed the sand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.