Maiden voyage last night

Discussion in 'Bowfishing' started by BigChessie, May 14, 2008.

1. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

Got some good news from Brads Doctors so decided to take him out for about an hour last night. Deck is 90% finished and I still need to run the wiring but we decided to go ahead and see how it would do. Strapped the genny down and hooked up the lights. Slapped the troller on the front and got her in the water. Had a good bit of wind to deal with but over-all everything went great. Saw a TON of fish. Brad got off about 9 shots and I even took a few. Brand new bows and set-ups for us both so it will take a trip or two for us to get used to them, lol. It was awesome to finally get on the water in our own rig. Saw so many Bass and Gills on their beds, that alone was worth going out. Out of 1 hour on the water, we probably "fished" for about 35 minutes of it. So to see the amount of fish we saw in only 35 minutes was cool (including some real hogs):B Would have stayed out longer but "we" had a curfew from "Mom" and "we" didn't want to get in trouble. lol Can't wait to get her finished up and out again.

2. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

Great...Get that thing finished and get to fish sticking now! It is always amazing the amount of life you see at night under the lights.

3. Ðe§perado™

Ðe§perado™ Catfisherman/Bowfisherman

Outstanding!!! I'll have to come down and check out the rig. Great to hear you got to see the night life of bowfishing!!

4. Jero

Jero

Its always nice to get the time out with young ones. Im glad you guys seen some fish. I can't wait till my first night outing.

Went during the day yesterday at Cowan, carp are just starting to spawn. Water was super muddy, but shot 3 fish. This was my first time actually shooting one that wanted to fight back, which they all 4 did......helps if you don't shoot'em in the noggin!

Good stickin! and keep the stories com'n

Jeremy

5. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Nice sir! Were you local?

6. I am curious about these bowfishing rigs. Is the reason that you see so many fish at night because of the amount of light you are pumping out at them? Or is it partially because you are up higher on an elevated deck? I have never seen one first hand so I have a picture in my mind of a couple million candle power spotting and the shooter up on an elevated deck. Is that accurate? How much light do you pump out? and how high off the water are you standing?

7. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

There are just more fish up shallow at night than during the day(generally) As far as elevation...The higher you are, the better you can see...But then your farther from your target so you hit less of them...I like having a low deck, especially if your mainly night shooting. Most night rigs have a light rail of halogen, metal halide, or high pressure sodium floodlights. These don't really attract the fish. They just make it able to see the ones that are there.

8. So if I were to see you cruising on the lake at night it would be easy to see you with the glow coming from your boat? :D I too enjoy sneaking along at night and seeing what is out there. I see some fish just not necessarily as many as you guys seem to see. Perhaps it is a matter of not being in the right places too.;)

9. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

You definetly wouldn't miss us...Probably resembles a landing UFO from a distance. I've had 911 called on me several times due to people thinking a car crashed in the water??

10. Ðe§perado™

C'mon Brian. I'll take you out in my bowfishing rig.

11. BigChessie

A.W.Marion

Ðe§perado™ Thanks for taking care of Brad and I today. He is wanting to go back out tomorrow night if the weather is half-way decent. He can't wait to get some blood in the boat.:B

12. Ðe§perado™

Not a problem glad I could help out. The bows should be killing machines now. Good Luck and hope to see two on the water next week. The boat is coming along fine.

13. I thought maybe that would sound like I was jonesing for a ride.:D I did a bit of bowfishing back when I was a teenager (many moons ago). I have often given thought to doing it again some time but I don't see it happening at least until the kids get older. They always want to go along and for one thing they would all need a bow set up as well as me. I don't have it in my budget to be rigging all 4 of us up.:eek:

14. BigChessie

Clarence has more gear and bows set up than Cabalas. lol

15. Spencer... glad to hear you got the rig up and running and you got the bows set up right.. It wont be long before brad gets his first out of the moth attracting rig!!!! I eventually will make it down for a trip on it to arrow my first carp...

16. BigChessie

Brad broke her in finally. Never seen a kid so happy to have blood all over himself and the boat.:) Ðe§perado™ met up with us and while we were having trouble getting on the fish,he already had half a barrel. SO he gave us a little nudge in the right direction, next thing ya know we got fish all over us. Had a few equipment malfunctions but over all Brad had a blast and is now hooked for life. Found a few little bugs I need to work out but the rig is working better than expected. Chipper you know your more than welcome to come on down and spend the weekend again! We will get out and get some blood on ya.:B BC