Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally gave into my buddies request to try them some time during a hot bite. He was always saying big fish/big bait and I must say he has changed my mind on running them. I thought they were a waste of time but I was wrong, we had four walleye's 7# plus hit them on fri. ne of the crib and the 03 clones hit them also. I also liked how the trash fish would not go any where near them and every hit was a walleye, the sheepy's and WB can be annoying sometime so that was a plus! My question is do any of you guys ever run them also, or have you ever tried?

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,947 Posts
i used the green puke, monkey puke and shrimp last year on one trip without any success. i have several others. now that i have read your post i guess i can give them some water time again this year. after all those 03 fish are bigger this year;)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey EZ, Those 03 were hitting that big one like any other spoon, I have to say I was skeptical also but now I have adjusted my thinking on them. We caught and realeased many of 2 to 3 pounder on fri that hit the big spoon. We caught fish till we pulled the rods and even then my buddy got hit on the last rod as he was pulling it in. It was amazing on fri ne of the crib:T ! Can it hold like this for the rest of the year or is the bottom going to drop out? We have been to the big pond 4 times this year so far and have taken the boat limit each time, I probably should not have said that(Karma):D

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,947 Posts
were heading up to edgewater on the 4th. im taking them with me. i sure would like to catch something on them. i hate to think i spent all that cash on something that won't catch fish. yea, like we haven't done that:D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts