Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone ever have any luck at this place? I stopped fishing there years ago because I never catch anything, but I read that the Crappie fishing was going to be really good this year. I went today after work, fished from 530 till830. I caught a few but they were all very small. I managed 2 that were around 10 inches. I was hoping to get a mess of fish tonight but it didn't happen. There was also a bass tourney there tonight and of all the boats fishng around me I only saw 1 bass boated.

·
Registered
233 Posts
That would be the poor boys fishing club. Mostly locall guys from london area.
They fish there every thursday. I have fished there a few times and have caught 1 or 2 bass each time. My brother is a poor boy and he lands alot of bass there.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yep, poor boys, that was them. Pretty nice fellers, they helped me get my boat in the water!!

·
live-2-fish
829 Posts
if you want to get into some nice cats go to the very back of the lake, that is where i duck hunt, it is the hunting part of the lake. we saw a really nice cat swimming during the Youth Waterfowl Weekend. and it is really easy to see signs of cats and carp because it is a mud bottom. man, it aint fun trying to set up decoys though. my uncle got stuck!

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the tip Micro. I don't do too much cattin these days, I mostly go for Crappie and Bass. By back of the lake do you mean the end of the lake opposite the dam? I fished around the island yesterday with not much luck.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Yeah...that was us out there. I am the VP of Poor Boys Bass Club. We were actually on the bite all night last night. My partner and I caught 8, only three were keepers. I think we had 8 boats last night and had 26 fish brought to the scale. The crappie bite should be heating up in about another week or two. Since you have the boat you do (I think it was a Coleman Crawdad type if I remember right), I would put it in at the 665 bridge and then go just a bit north to the old train trussel. We have always caught good crappie there. Plus you will not drain your battery or take alot of time getting all the way up there. Hope the info helps.

·
Registered
2,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Blue Spectrum, that was me in the little plastic Pelican boat. I always here good reports from the people who fish it regularly but I just can't figure it out. I passed that bridge on 665 on my way in and saw a boat there. I'll have to check that spot out. There was another guy fishing on the oppisite side of the island of me that was tearin up the Crappie. He was using minnies. I was throwing a roadrunner and only got a couple keepers. Thanks for the tips and maybe I'll run into you all again. Thanks also to the fella that help me put my little boat in!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts