close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

made it to knox this morning

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fish4Fun, Jun 21, 2004.

1. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

got in water just after 7am out around 11:30. Managed 3 fish all about the same as the picture. Hard to take pick by self. Lake still stained some, water little up not bad, temp 75 when i left. Talked to several others had same luck couple early then died out. Took mine on pop'r and cb, others took theres on topwater, and worms.
    [​IMG]

2. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

NICE HAT :D

That pic has me drooling man...I LOVE that lake.

3. What is the hp limit on Knox??

LoweBoat

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

HP limit on Knox is 10 hp.

5. Awesome dude..........I am trying to get the number for Knox Marine. I lost my paperwork for them. Didn't want to spend $1.10 to call 411. Anyone got the number? Probably Hydrasport got it.

6. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Whats up man were you been? the number is 694-7774. Hit knox agian today boated 6 fish 2 on the crankbait 4 on a culprit 4.5" maroon and red worm

7. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Here's pictures of 4 of the fish. Hey trucked we need to hook up and hit the lake man. let me know sometime. I will be off next thur,fri,sat,sun and since i work 2nd iam free usually in the morning until noon or 1.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Would an 8 foot two man basshunter be a good idea to take out on Knox Lake? I only got a trolling motor to power me around. What's good to throw there?

9. Since Knox is only like 400 to 500 acres, a basshunter boat is perfect. And it is a great bass fishery even for its size. typical lures work great: spinnerbaits, plastic worms, cranks seem hot this year almost everywhere in in Central Ohio (heck, even I caught one at Alum the other day on a crawdad pattern DT-6 Rapala), and buzzbzits in the stumpfield always worked well for me.

You may fall in love with this little lake if you go.

Eric

10. Bought a house. The closing is Friday this week. Like 2 days. So we are packing and then of course next week, unpacking. Fishing is tough for me for the next week or so man. Lily is not in daycare yet either. So that makes it tough. I either take her and then when she is bored I gotta go in or else she starts her nagging. Ya know?

We'll get out though man. Catch ya later. Gotta finish packing for the night.

11. :D yes I got on the band wagon. here is a sample of twenty (20) some
    caught monday. 4:30 pm til sundown. Plastic worms, fat free shad and
    mini bass wacker twin blade,white ! yes all returned to grow spme more.
    Talked to a gentleman who gave me a tip, and will try it and let you know the out-come the next time out.
    capt hook :rolleyes:

12. What happened to the pictures? :confused:

13. Hey Redone, I have a 10 basshound w/trollin motor and used it at knox and it did great. I was told plastic worms and minnow cranks work well.

Maps are available online. If you haven't seen them yet here's a link http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/wildlife/Fishing/lakemaps/lmaps.htm

14. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

That boat would be fine. I hit knox today from 7:30am until noonish. and it was slow going had a couple strikes but no fish.

15. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

Goin out friday after noon dont know how much fishin im goin to get done , im takein my 4 yr old daughter out: got to keep a promise....but ill let ya know how i did

16. Might go to Knox the beginning part of next week. Not sure what day. I have a four day mini vacation Sunday thru Wed. I'll be in the brown and tan basshunter with the pretty blond. Give us a holler if you see us. will be my first time out there. Anyone ever fish barkcamp, belmont lake down in belmont county? It sounds like Knox is similar to it. Barkcamp was electric motor only though. I'll let ya'll know how i did. Thanks for the tips.

17. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

when you figure out what day let me know i might head out and give you shout....30 seconds away from the lake i need to get out more anyway

18. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

i am going to try to get out this afternoon, i went to days for july shutdown. will be working 12hr days from sat until wed then off thur threw monday over the forth i also plan to hit it hard over that time and maybe make a drive to buroak, indian or someother lake.

19. 2talltim

2talltim Bubby wanna be

hey f4f. where do you work my wifes shop has a july shut down maybe you work with her maybe not just curious, she works at HiSan in mt vernon