close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Made Boilie Batch Now Need Pop Ups Recipie

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by atrkyhntr, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Hi All...
    Made a batch of bolies and now I'l like to try pop ups...
    PLEASE let me know how to make them!!! ;)
    THANKS in advance :D

2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Easiest way?

Take some of those boilies you made.....and put them in the microwave for 10 second incriments. Take them out and look at them. If they haven't started to scorch, put them back in for 10 seconds. Keep repeating them until they start to swell up. Now......drop one in a bowl of water ;)

3. Worked at first then they sank at some point when my back was turned maybe I didn't let them swell enough???

What is the life of a boilie when used as bait and of course not yet touched by a carp or other bolie eater???

Can the mix be used as a dough ball style of bait before it is boiled and becomes a boilie?

THANKS in advance :D
    Clyde

4. BUMP ^^^^

Question up there :D

5. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

The only way to make a pop-up permanant is to use the pop-up ingredients, which are lighter flours. Some of those flours you need to special order, and you cannot get them under 50 lbs (Some of the Casseinates, etc.) and a 50 lb bag of that will set you back 250 bucks. Between Miso_Ohio and I, we have contacted at least 12 distributors, and they will NOT distribute under 50 lbs of that stuff. I cannot imagine what a 50lb bag of that stuff would look like, as it weighs absolutely nothing.

We've been pan rolling them, or microwaving them. Tried the oven bit, and it does work....but takes a little longer. Still, they do eventually take on water and sink. One thing you might want to try, especially if you are fishing packbaits, is getting some styrophoam balls from a craft store about the size of the boilies you are using. You can spray flavors on them, even coloring to match your boilies. The carp won't tell the difference.

6. awww never even came to mind...
    THANKS!!!