Mad river trout

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by London calling, Dec 22, 2008.

1. I'm headed to the Mad Saturday. Has anybody been having any luck over there? I haven't been over there since March so I wanted to avoid a :S Thanks

Tony from London

2. wader

wader Fishing Fool

The cold probably has things slowed way down. Be careful if you go, there is a lot of ice floating down the river right now.

3. it was fishing very well with flies. its getting to the point however that they will want such small meals that flies are probably the most effective technique. I may be heading up there monday so they'll be a report. the other options is to throw something really big, you get lots of follows but some days fish will eat, most of the food right now is midges, so keep the bait sizes in the 2-6mm range, and the fish wont move more than a few inches for a meal.
    and as wader said, its cold be careful, the mad is slick this time of year. and even with this rain there still may be leaves in the eddies so take your time, sliping is downright dangerous with water temps in the upper 30's