Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Bucks, Smallies, Flatties & Kayaks
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Haven't fished the mad in over 10 years. Was supposed to do a yak trip last weekend but postponed it until a few weeks out to do to the weather. I decided last minute tonight I was going to hit the Mad. Fished a long time and caught nothing but chubs on a rooster tail. Switched over to a handmade 20 yr old crawfish bait called a backup. Headed up river to a hole I used to fish with my dad 25 years ago. I still remember sitting on those rocks and catching daddy long legs as a kid! It was amazing being there and having memories of dad catching bass. It's sad to think of how the world has changed since then. About my forth cast... ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1374199846.802258.jpg

Now I know this isn't a 20 in bass... But it is the biggest river smalle I've ever caught! 16.5 inches and fat. It was a special night on the river in a special place. With all the hustle of life I forgot just what the river could mean.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

Attachments

·
Annyong!
1,461 Posts
Great post ML. That is pretty cool that you got your PB in a spot you fished with your Dad on a lure he hand carved. Congrats.

That is a nice looking lure too. I'd probably be afraid to use it.

·
Bucks, Smallies, Flatties & Kayaks
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes gents its been in the tackle box and never seen water until tonight. Special indeed. 9left I saw you got into some nice ones today also!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Nice to see the old back up again. I still have a few of them, We used to call them the banana back up. Great bait, I got mine back in the 80,s as well.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
Yes gents its been in the tackle box and never seen water until tonight. Special indeed. 9left I saw you got into some nice ones today also!

Thanks, the river fishing finally seems to be picking back up...The Mad is my usual stomping grounds..so its nice to see your post and pics..headed there this weekend hopefully

1 - 10 of 10 Posts