Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick report, getting ready for a Birthday Party.

Hit the mad about 730 and fished till 1100 had 12 fish in all,

6 smallies smallest one was a 10" and he was the last one. Had 2 over 16 on back to back cast. (will post picture but it was extremely blurry) I had 2 small LMB, 2 chubs, 1 really nice bluegill and 1 fish that was silver with faint black bars. (I think it was an overgrown shiner)

All fish where fooled by a rooster tail and the section I was on was rough, as I am sore and tired.

·
Micropterus dolomieu
753 Posts
Sounds like the mad was the place to be this morning!! My buddy was there, and did well, after missing a ride with me to go up north. Even blurry, the color on that fish is amazing. Wish I had the same luck where I was

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
nice fish lostleader..whereabouts on the mad you fishin? Not wanting your spots, just a general idea, as i fish it a lot and rarely see people

·
Bucks, Smallies, Flatties & Kayaks
1,918 Posts
I hear ya on those rough sections of the mad! Took my dad out with me last night and he went swimming twice, but not by choice! We used live minnows and had a ball! Caught 15 or so SMB mostly smaller but fun... theyvwere all tight to wood. Didnt catch one fish in the deeper runs where i did well thursday. This was S of Enon 9 left. Of the 6 or so trips over the past few weeks I've seen people twice on that stretch just canoeing, never anyone else fishing

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hear ya on those rough sections of the mad! Took my dad out with me last night and he went swimming twice, but not by choice! We used live minnows and had a ball! Caught 15 or so SMB mostly smaller but fun... theyvwere all tight to wood. Didnt catch one fish in the deeper runs where i did well thursday. This was S of Enon 9 left. Of the 6 or so trips over the past few weeks I've seen people twice on that stretch just canoeing, never anyone else fishing

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
Thats the section I was in. I will be heading back. I would like to drop all the way down to Chambers road someday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts