Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep...it WAS starting to show some improvement yesterday...then today i was a little excited to stop by after work and maybe see a halfway fishable river....YEEEAH RIGHT!!

Highest ive seen it in a few years

·
Bucks, Smallies, Flatties & Kayaks
1,918 Posts
I'm planning an all day Kayak (first time) trip on the Mad on Saturday. I've fished the river alot but never from a Kayak.

Do you guys think it will be decent by Saturday? I know Thursday and Friday are supposed to be great weather wise so I'm hoping it will be good to go..... Thoughts?

·
1,918 Posts
I'll be on the Southern section from Enon to Fairborn. Hopefully the best Smallie stretch out there!

I too think the levels should be decent. And I would rather have a bit off colored water than the normal low flow/clear water of the summer!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'll be on the Southern section from Enon to Fairborn. Hopefully the best Smallie stretch out there!

I too think the levels should be decent. And I would rather have a bit off colored water than the normal low flow/clear water of the summer!
Please let me know what you come up with. I have yet to float that section, but ready want to do it. I was told it was a rough section to float, but the fishing was good. I'm only 3 minutes from the enon road put in so I really have no excuse.

DC 33

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
ML1187...=.I fish that stretch a lot..its pretty decent for smallies... There are better stretches to fish..but that one produces pretty good numbers/sizes..prior to all these crappy conditions... I was doing very well on tubes in the mad... Good luck

·
1,918 Posts
ML1187...=.I fish that stretch a lot..its pretty decent for smallies... There are better stretches to fish..but that one produces pretty good numbers/sizes..prior to all these crappy conditions... I was doing very well on tubes in the mad... Good luck
What's strange 9Left is that I used to fish that stretch alot as well 15 -20 years ago when my dad was younger. We would catch 17-20 inch Smallies on the regular especially south of Enon Rd. As my dad got older we don't fish it much anymore. We noticied around 2000 that the fishing began to go down hill some. I think someone was taking alot of the bass.

What type of tubes do you use? Never used them in the river much but I'm sure they would produce.

I'm especially interested in the stretch of river from Rainbown lakes to huffman dam...

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
...pretty much any tubes will produce..brown/green/crawfish colors. I like the smaller tubes a lot better though... They're called "Gitzit" tubes.. you can find em at dicks/gander mt.

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
..I like to get in at Huffman and wade upstream also... When I say "wade" upstream..I mean hike about 1 mile upstream... Several nice deep pools up that way.... Post your results if ya go... I haven't been up there this year ....yet....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts