Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Pirateer
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the mad for a little over an hour after work. Few dinks few lost bites one little ten incher. So headed to another hole id been kinda trying to figure out how to get to. It was an adventure but worth the effort. First cast bounced gently off an SUV sized boulder big enough to make a nice little pool. Lure moved about 2" into retrieve and Wham, hammered by this nice little fatty of a 14" smb. Second cast and on again. 13" smb but no pic as he flew the coop. Them smallies are really camera shy aren't they?

Third cast and got a 7" smb. Felt bad because he had only been hooked in his gill flap and was doing the spiral loop kinda like a crank bait with its front hook wrapped on the line. Fourth cast and snagged a tree and lost my lure. Spent a whole 5 minutes fishing this hole and another 5 trying to untangle but couldn't wade to get it since I was still in my work clothes.

At this moment, most "normal" people would probably consider 3 smallies worth the loss of a $5 lure. NOT ME! In fact, I have dedicated my next wading trip to getting it back. Long shot probably but gives me an excuse to go fishing right? Like that's necessary.

Sent from my V8000_USA_Cricket using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
6,854 Posts
Good lookin smallies CM....looks like your startin to get some bigger ones outta there

·
Pirateer
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@ 9 thanks. Slowly but surely right.

@ DeltaO thank you too. Probably not the most insane stunt I've pulled so hey.

Sent from my V8000_USA_Cricket using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 4 of 4 Posts