Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Pirateer
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the mad for a little while tonight. First hole really irritated me. Bunch of dinks which would be so bad if I ha dent of had a group of about 15 teens bombard me whilst thinking it smart to walk right through my line of cast as if I were invisible. Hurling head sized boulders ten feet from my position wasn't so great either. Decided it best to move on.

Bright side of the hole, got a new species checked off. Believe it to be a horny head chub. Not sure. Got about ten of and in most the holes I hit up today. Got several smb but mostly dinks. 13" the days best with a 10 n 12 to assist. Bite really took off at dark so pic of bigger ones aren't great but here they are. If the first pic is of a hh chub, then I've matched odnr's Max size of 9". Wasn't the fish in this pic(9"er slipped away from my hand and back into water before pic, slippery little boogers)

Sent from my V8000_USA_Cricket using Ohub Campfire mobile app

Attachments

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
yup, definitely a horny head chub, in breeding colors, Ive taken them from the Upper LMR just short of a foot and when you set the hook you think you got a really nice smallie then it comes right up...always a downer...LOL

Nice job, good report!

Salmonid

·
Pirateer
2,009 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yup, definitely a horny head chub, in breeding colors, Ive taken them from the Upper LMR just short of a foot and when you set the hook you think you got a really nice smallie then it comes right up...always a downer...LOL

Nice job, good report!

Salmonid
Thanks for ID help. Did you mean they come up without a fight? Just wondering since the bigger one I couldn't film faught like heck. Was jumpin and everything.

Can honestly say I've never been hooked by a treble hooked lure till yesterday and sucker got me twice. Squirmy, slimey and was making a squeek like noise that almost had me feeling a little sorry about hookin him. Either way, I'm an amateur so didn't disappoint me! Lol.

Sent from my V8000_USA_Cricket using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.