close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lynn Lange's 88lbs. bluecat(today)....

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by BuckeyeTom, Mar 19, 2005.

1. BuckeyeTom

BuckeyeTom Muskie and Catfish

Howdy all! Doc called earlier and was all excited to tell me about Lynn's 88lbs. Blue and the 2nd place finish(4fish-127.9 lbs.) at the USCats Tourney today at West Point Kentucky. Great job guys!!!!

I'm sure Doc will fill us in on the rest. Can't wait to see the pic!!!!

OHCC meeting tomorrow! I'll post our schedule asap.

Good cattin and God bless -- Buckeye Tom

2. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

88 lb Blue Cat?

Can't wait to see that pic...Congrats Lynn...

3. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

WOW, is all I can say to that!

4. All I can say is wow and congrats. I can't wait for the photo either.

Eric

5. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

Madcatter called me while I was at BPS getting another reel and told me that Lynn's 88# Blue was a new US Cats all time big fish record. I can't wait to see these pics. I guess this means we've got a new Ohio River OGF record. Way to go Doc and Lynn!!!

6. lureboy98

lureboy98 Livin' the Lifestyle

Congratulations on the nice cat!!!

7. skipjack11

skipjack11 retread member

What can I say? :eek: That's great news! Congrats. Lynn. :) :)

8. Doctor

Doctor CJ Cat Attack Pack

I'm not sure who the proudest is, as we share the joy with this big fish this is a great cat that Lynn caught during a US Cats tournament, details to follow later.........Doc

[​IMG]

Here's Larry holding it up prior to release back into the river the Blue was 55 inches in length, as soon as we shoved him in the water he bolted off......Doc

[​IMG]

I did add to the team effort with this 31 pounder that came off of the same spot the 88# came off of only 15 min. after netting her big fish.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Circle hook buried solid in the corner of his mouth!!!

[​IMG]

This fish was in the net in one scoop, I'm very good at it Lynn has given me lots of practice over the years:D

[​IMG]

In the livewell and getting this bigboy prepared. All this time I'm going freakin nuts, I might be 52 years old but I was like a 18 year old kid with a new toy, Lynn on the other hand was cool and calm.

[​IMG]

Live well is on and everything is a go, the livewell I built is 60 gallons and has a 750Gallon per hour pump I also added airstones in the bottom and have an air pump with dual outlets, so this guy was never in any peril while in the livewell, at the weigh-in we left him in the livewell till it was time to take him to the scales, when I went to get him out he went nuts on me, but I wrestled him out and handed him to Donnie and Larry and they took him to the scales, everything went crazy after that our only concern was to get him weighed, pictures taken and get him back into the water as quickly as possible, thanks Donnie and Larry once again you guys were there to handle a trophy fish and help return a monster to his home, Also thanks to BillGfish as he had contacted me early in the week about the Shad were in at Grand Lake, Lynn caught her fish on the head section of a 16" Shad.

[​IMG]

Here I am getting ready to release the big girl into the river.

[​IMG]

Another shot just prior to release. We were doing high fives all around when this fish bolted for the river, it was cool indeed.

9. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

Lord, that Blue is a BEAST!!!! Way to go!!!!

10. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

holy bajeeze us.. way to go lynn... i know doc learned everything from ya.. :D
    i can't see the pics either..grrrr

11. GOOD golly MOLLY!what a fish!!!Congratulations!!!!! :eek: :D

12. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

That is a lifetime fish. So, now whatcha' gonna do to top that? LOL

UFM82

Very, very impressive catch. Nice job by both of you.

13. Fishyguy

Fishyguy Crazy Catman

I cant see the pics either???

14. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I cant see the pics?

15. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Cool, but there's only little red X's where the pictures ought to be. ;)
    Hard to believe you didn't take 1st place with that one in the boat. Must be a great spot for big fish.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  16. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Are you sure it's a US Cats tournament ? It's not listed in their schedule? US Cats tournament schedule (click)
    I was hoping to see some pictures of it there..... :confused:

Okay, here it is ? Lists it as Indiana access.....Complete tournaments(click)
    Shoot, I can't wait to see the pictures !! Good goin' Lynn. Want to hear the whole story too. :D

17. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

congrats,lynn.i can't see the pics either,but 88 pounds is one great fish.
    i'm always trying to get my wife to fish with me,but you're a great example of why i'm sometimes glad she doesn't ;)
    i'd probably cry if she whooped up on me like you do doc :eek:
    but then again,i'd be as proud as i know he is of you,and thrilled to see her make a catch like that :) :cool:

ps.....doc,can you post the pics in a different format so we all can see them?

18. Zfish

Zfish More Horsepower Raider!!

Doc and Lynn ... Way to go you two. I cant wait to see the pics. May I ask what what pound test you guys were using to be able to pull in an 88lb cat and what kinda reels? :) Doc when we going fishing by the way. Or should I ask Lynn to take me :D LOL

19. Baitkiller

Baitkiller Baitkiller

Doc & Lynn

Congrats to Lynn on such a monster Blue!!!!

It looks like this year is going to even get better for you two with both of you getting your personal best cats already in "05". I guessing this is Lynn's PB Blue Cat.

Congrats Again
    <><Baitkiller><>