close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

lures

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by peple of the perch, Nov 28, 2004.

1. what r good lures for crappie and perch and eyes. also where in northeast ohio is a good place to fish for them.
    thanks in advance

2. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

crappie and perch jigs are typically very small. as small as your fingeranail. you can tip the lures with maggots or waxworms or minnows. I like small brightly colored jigs like the shrimpo from custom jigs and spins and the fat boy from lindy tackle.

walleye lures are generally bigger and have a swimming or fluttering motion to them. you can tip them with a minnow. i like lures such as swedish pimples, jigging rapalas, and vib-ees.

as far as location, im still trying to figure that out myself.

3. yhanks ill go get some shrimpos at GMountain today. any more suggestions

4. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

dont buy more than 1 pack of any identical or extremely similar lure for ice fishing. Its very rare to lose an ice fishing lure. but it does happen, just not like open water fishing.

If you want to buy some shrimpos they come 2 per pack. Try a chartruese one and then another color such as white or black and try a small size and a bigger size. They are sized in like 6, 8, 10, etc.

That brand has other lures such as rat finkees,ratso, and a bunch of others. They are all pretty good. Try a couple demons too. demons are tear drop jigs. Very very small but bluegill love them.

Try to buy a variety of colors and sizes so that youll have a few that will interest the fish at whatever lake in whatever conditions. But dont go overboard. Its too easy to spend too much money on lures.

All these tiny jigs will work for panfish and perch. But you have to tip them with a maggot or wax worm or minnow.

I bet if you ask the sales people there they will point out some more good lures.

If you want to try a walleye lure, buy a small or medium size swedish pimple either all silver, or with the green sticker, or with the chart. sticker. another one to try is a jigging rapala.

these are just some suggestions, they are all good lures at GM, and i cant make any promises, but they will get you started.

5. went back to gm and got some glow shrimpos and a couple of jigging raps. also for aquaviews do u have to buy a hole new system to get a new camera. or can u buy just a different camera and that will work fine.