Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason these are lures I just can't catch a bass with!!
1- Lipless/Rattletraps- I casted into a feeding frenzy and NOTHING!! :confused:
2- Buzzbait- I might catch two a year on it:mad:
3- Dropshot- Don't think I use enough:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
funny you say that because i have a crap load of lures that have never hooked anything, they have sat around for a long time. every now and then when there is a hott bite i drag some out and try again and guess what they still wont work hahahah

·
grip master
723 Posts
For some reason these are lures I just can't catch a bass with!!
1- Lipless/Rattletraps- I casted into a feeding frenzy and NOTHING!! :confused:
2- Buzzbait- I might catch two a year on it:mad:
3- Dropshot- Don't think I use enough:rolleyes:
You do'in just fine....Find a new lake.

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Traps - windy, cloudy, colder colored water. Spring when it is 55-60 degree water, start burning that thing.
Buzzbait - evening, morning, summer, cloudy
Dropshot - anytime. Just stay with it

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Mepps syclops spoon.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've never had any luck with bass jigs or Texas rigged worms.
I'd say a solid 85% of the fish I caught last year were on really standard Texas rigs. Senkos of various colors and some purple twister-tail worms I picked up (though those only worked in spring in a reservoir, so pretty clear water).

The other 15% were ned rigs and some random catches throwing various "crappie"-sized grubs and such on little jigheads.

As far as things that don't work for me... pretty much everything that isn't those things. I've NEVER caught anything on a buzzbait, chatterbait, lipless crank, etc. IDK if it's because I don't know how to work them or what, but I usually start with those and then fall back onto a Texas or ned rig when those don't work.

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
funny you say that because i have a crap load of lures that have never hooked anything, they have sat around for a long time. every now and then when there is a hott bite i drag some out and try again and guess what they still wont work hahahah
if I told you once I told you a dozen times PUT hooks on em LOL

·
Registered
1,032 Posts
lipless should change name from lipless to useless

·
The one others want to be
2,207 Posts
It's funny that everyone has a non-favorite so to speak. I've caught a ton of fish on rattlin' Rapalas. I've done well with drop shots. But a couple I have to agree with. Buzzbaits. Thrown them, should have thrown them away. Spoons are made to eat with, not be eaten. And I have never, EVER caught a fish on a Hula Popper or Jitterbug despite my best efforts.

You know it.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
It's funny that everyone has a non-favorite so to speak. I've caught a ton of fish on rattlin' Rapalas. I've done well with drop shots. But a couple I have to agree with. Buzzbaits. Thrown them, should have thrown them away. Spoons are made to eat with, not be eaten. And I have never, EVER caught a fish on a Hula Popper or Jitterbug despite my best efforts.

You know it.
What's strange is that, many years ago (in the '50s) we lived across the street from Vic Simich. His son Nick tested lures for Arbogast & to this day, my absolute BEST lure for bass at night is a black 5/8 ounce Jitterbug that he got me hooked on. Surprisingly, I have NEVER fished one during the day!
Mike

1 - 20 of 21 Posts