close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lure question?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by BigDaddy300, Mar 23, 2008.

1. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

I know these are called Hellbenders but I was wondering if anyone knows who made them?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rick,
    They were made by Whopper- Stopper, Inc., out of Sherman Texas. Probably were first made in the early 1980s. They also made the famous Bayo-Boogie. Hope this helps.
    John

3. Whopper Stopper is correct...I have some from the 1970's. I think thecompany goes back to the 1940's or maybe earlier..Great diving lure for smallmouth/walleye/pike...Bomber Lure had a similar bait called a waterdog but it had a round front lip...

Snakecharmer

4. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

Luredaddy.......Trolled the livin crapp out of those baits on WB 20+ years ago. At times I would add a 24in. leader off the tail hook (removed the spinner ) and tie a 1/2 to 1 oz...white buck-tail jig (with or without curly grub body also added) and pull that around for strippers.....It worked, but the funny thing was, caught my share (back then) of walleyes......in the 6 to just under 10# range......and also had a fair amount of muskies hit that plug...Huh you know, it worked back then......I just wonder......Oh well, I catch my share still, just fishing for walleyes.......Good fishin...PS ...and I'm not even a musky hunter any more....go figure......Good fishin guys.........