close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lure Knocker

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by big black jeep, Jul 22, 2005.

1. I was walking through the store the other day and saw a lure knocker that is supposed to get your lure unsnagged. Do these really work or will it just be a waste of money? Thanks Phil

2. Paid for itself the first day I got it. It doesn't get them all but it comes pretty darn close. A great investment.... :)

3. Do they have a rope on them so you can pull them back if you can't get it?

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

not all have ropes, but i connected mine to a marker bouy...it has worked great, you just have to be persistent and do it straight up and down vertically...

5. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

I use a Snagmaster sold by Cabelas. I replaced the cord on it with a 1,000 pound test dacron cord. I've pulled up all kinds of things with it and have brought up a lot of lures from the snag I was on that weren't mine. If you don't have some type of retreiver you shouldn't fish from a boat. They are worth their weight in gold!

6. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

yep.
    got one for christmas and saved 25-30 bucks worth of vibes the first time i used it,a week later while out in the boat jigging for eyes on new years day :)

7. Thanks for the inof guys looks like I should invest in one.

8. fffffish

fffffish Muskie 1 Trolling Thunder

Home made lure knocker
    Here is a lure knocker I made you can pull a stump off the bottom with it and it has saved me hundreds of dollars in muskie lures
    4 - 16 inch chains
    1 – 4 ½ inch chain link threaded
    5 – I bolt 200 lbs working load
    1 – Coleman clothesline reel filed with 250Lbs nylon rope
    Drill and tap chain link with 4 holes on one side (bottom) 1 on the opposite side across from screw connector (on top) Bend open the 4 bottom I bolts and far enough to put the chain on then install chain bend back closed. Screw I bolts into chain link use super glue to secure. Screw the 1 I bolt into top-hole super glue to secure. Tie rope from Coleman clothesline reel to I bolt.
    When you get a snag open chain link and put it around line tighten chin link and let it slide down your line. Work it up and down until the chains snag your lure and just pull it up reel the line up into the reel and you’re done.
    [​IMG]

9. Thanks ffffish I might have to try that. It looks like like you could pull up a stump with that.