close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

lunar eclipse tonight (Wednesday)

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by hardwaterfan, Oct 27, 2004.

1. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

Theres a full lunar eclipse tonight peaking at around 10:30 pm, and we will have a good view of the whole event. (if its not too cloudy)

I think it starts around 9:40pm or so and peaks at 10:30 or so.

The coolest natural phenomenon I ever saw was the Leonid meteor shower back in November of 2001.

www.space.com

2. Dingo

Dingo

Hmmm. Sounds like an excuse to cast for nighttime walleyes on the Erie lakeshore, if the winds and waves allow it.

3. catking

catking Banned

Coolest I ever saw was the " Hale Bop" coment a few years ago that was visible for about 4 weeks or so. I'll never forget walking out at 5 in the am to go to work and looking up to see this massive meteor.What a site.. While fishing in Canada with cwcarper about 10 years ago, we were bank fishing at night on top of a bluff looking over a large lake. I looked up and their was a full uunar eclipse in progress. We watched it from start to finish. Very cool..Thanks for the heads up about tonights event........ CATKING

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Leonid Shower...my son wasn't even a month old, and I happened to get up at 4am to check on him, looked out the window and was BLOWN AWAY. Woke the wife up, and we watched it for atleast an hour. Awesome, awesome sight.

5. 10:20pm and the lunar eclipse is looking good.

6. I looked out bout 9:50 and a couple of plane made a big "X" just to the side of the eclipse. It was a bit eeeeerie :eek:

7. Very Cool! Thanks for posting!

8. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

9. catking

catking Banned

We were clouded in last night :mad: .......... ~**~

10. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Here's a picture. We'll see if I know what I'm doing......

Nope, picture size is too large. Don't know how to resize it.