close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lucky Lake St. Clair

Discussion in 'Muskie & Pike Discussions' started by MuskieJim, Jun 4, 2007.

1. MuskieJim

MuskieJim Trophy Tamer

Just got back from Michigan's Lake St. Clair, we boated 7 fish in 2 days. Unbelievable. Couple 44's, my buddy got a 47. Detroit River mouth has some monsters swimming around. I was throwing a 9 inch Musky Innovations Seducer and has a musky jump about 4 feet vertical throwing my lure. He was huge, however, not hooked. Good trip though, would reccomend it to anyone who wants a chance at BIG fish :B

2. St Clair rulez !!!

Attached Files:

3. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

I had a blast in D-troit this weekend as well. That place will spoil ya real quick. Only fished the river, but will probably go back to try trolling St. Clair in a few weeks.

btw, nice fish Guy

4. Here's a 52 we got on one trip up the ... But we fish the Canadian side.. Belle, Ruscome, Thames etc

Attached Files:

5. Thanks Esox, St Clair is hands down the best all around muskie fishery there is... ya never know what your gonna get

6. MuskieJim

MuskieJim Trophy Tamer

Exoxhunter, I think we saw you there! I was in the Lund over in the Detroit River, saw your friend had a break off, and you landed one and borrowed our hook cutters? I think?

7. esoxhunter

8. BITE-ME

BITE-ME Muskie Addict

Yeah that was me having the melt down:mad:

Did you guys have anymore luck that day?

9. Wow I would love to fish St. Clair for Muskie, but where do you even start on such a big lake. I am still waiting to hook up with my first Muskie. My longest fish as of right now is a 41 inch 16.2lb Northern Pike, and I want to land a muskie like that really bad!

10. I've seen many color variations of musky, but it seems that every musky from St Clair is spotted. Is it because of the type of water they are in or is this just the way they are in this lake? Nice looking fish.

11. MuskieJim

MuskieJim Trophy Tamer

Lake St. Clair is notorious for its "salt and pepper" muskies with black spots....its because the water there is so clear that their colorations adapt to the water. Pretty sweet. Here's a really cool colored St. Clair muskie

[​IMG]

12. esoxhunter

man that almost looks like a trout!
    pretty fish !!!