Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
fisharder
423 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The water was up and pretty stained.My fishing partner and I cought 37 wipers 17 white bass 12 sauger and 7 drum.Cought most of the fish trolling crankbaits.Was trolling and went to take my rod out of the pole holder when a fish hit my bait.The fish pulled my rod right off the boat and into to the river.The current was running so hard that I just kissed that rod goodby.About five minutes later I hooked my lost line and fished my rod out of the river.Talk about lucky got my rod back and it had a 4.6lb wipper still hooked up on the rod.:)

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
Wow, that was a lucky break getting the rod back! We have to invest so much money in rods & reels these days it hurts to lose one. And to get a nice fish to boot! Good Job!!

·
Registered
1,602 Posts
Great day Fisharder!
I lost a rod and reel in the LMR a couple years ago, trying to break the line when I pulled hard, the line cut me and I let go without wanting to.
It shot like a rocket into the river.
I then cast across the river with a jig, and was able to snag it and bring it back in, no wiper attached though, that would have been the kicker!
LMJ
What kind of cranks were you trolling?

·
Registered
1,143 Posts
lost mine sat. nightbank fishing. it took off like a ROCKET. if u see a 7 ft white berkley swim,in around moscow grab it for old boone

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
caught by friends rod right before it went in while we were flattie fishing tonight, i think the fish are trying to take souveniers this year

1 - 5 of 5 Posts