Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found these at a goodwill. They had no idea what they were i guess. 19.99 each. Charging them now . They both work!!!!!!

Attachments

·
I jig therefore I am!
5,318 Posts
That's awesome.......How much do you think their worth?
289 new, you can find em used working for 100-150. Not a real hot ticket in Ohio at the moment because we haven't had much fishable ice the past few years. I stocked up and readied myself this winter for some ice fishing and never got the chance.

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Wife found a couple of Ambassador 5000 reels complete with the leather boxes and tools from the early 1950s... She payed $20 each... Gave one to dad for Father's Day a few years ago, sold the other for $250 on ebay

·
Registered
771 Posts
the ambassador reels are worth that much?! i think i have a brand new one from my grandpa...was still in the box, but the box got eaten away. but im pretty sure it still has the leather case. :)

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Man, what a find!! I'm a little jealous lol... You'd think they would at least google the stuff they were unsure of! I mean, how do you just throw a random price of 19.99 on something you obviously have no idea about anyway?!

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
the ambassador reels are worth that muxch?! i think i have a brand new one from my grandpa...was still in the box, but the box got eaten away. but im pretty sure it still has the leather case. :)
I was told the serial numbers on them were real early... plus they even came with the original paper boxes and had the purchase dates on them... 1952 or 53, cant remember exactly now... been a few years ago...

they were both in excellent condition...

·
Registered
16,659 Posts
Found these at a goodwill. They had no idea what they were i guess. 19.99 each. Charging them now . They both work!!!!!!
Glad it wasn't a Goodwill around me, I'd be pissed....I'll let you double your money and give you $40... LOL

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
these were at the cambridge store. i was supposed to fish seneca lake, but my buddy had to work. now im sure we wont get good ice in ohio again. lol

·
Multi Species Angler
6,095 Posts
the ambassador reels are worth that much?! i think i have a brand new one from my grandpa...was still in the box, but the box got eaten away. but im pretty sure it still has the leather case. :)
In the old days those reels were made in Sweeden and they were made right. Now it's all machine shop in China. Those old reels are highly coveted both by anglers who love and use them and by collectors.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
No ice last year was my fault. I bought ice gear and decided to give it a try. If there's no ice next year I think it's your fault.

Nice find!

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
bout to dig the reel out of the attic....anything i should look for that would make it a collector's piece?

Yeah, I'll give you a crisp new $50 bill for that old faux reel:D

~^~^~^~^~^
| Mr. A
|
¿ <°»))))>{

·
Registered
247 Posts
Just thinking, but after a lot of people just had a four day weekend they probably had some time to clean out their garages so maybe Goodwill got some good stuff the last few days. Just a thought. Great find Phate.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts