close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lowrance owners

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by M.Magis, May 20, 2004.

1. I'm in the middle of installing my new fishfinder, a Lowrance X125, and I'm a little confused about the kick back transom bracket. It seems that if it's knocked out of place, the only way to get back to the original location is to eyeball it. Isn't that a bit tough to do when your on the water? I'm really looking forward to getting out on the water with it, but I wasn't too impressed with how the tranducer is installed.

2. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

I don't know what you are installing it on, but I wouldn't worry about it too bad. If you hit something big enough to move the transducer, you got bigger problems than getting your fish finder working again :(

I have the LMT X15 with it's monster transducer, I've hit logs and all kinds of stuff and while it supposedly 'kicks back' it never has. No harm no foul though.

3. The only reason I worry is because I beach the boat a lot in shallow water when flathead fishing. I only knocked my Garmin loose once, and that was my own fault. It just seemed like the Lowrance might move easier. Maybe I'm worried about nothing.

4. Like the captn said, I wouldn't worry about it too much. My lowrance (LMS480) transducer only sticks down below the hull an inch or so and if I hit it and kick it up, I got bigger problems :D. But then again my hull is a "V" design and the mount point is higher than the keel, so I would have to sink the keel a couple inches when beaching for it to be a problem. If you have a flat bottom hull, it may be a different story for you. On the other hand, the Garmin (160) I replaced would kick up everytime I got the boat up on plane. I hated that I couldn't get a depth reading when on plane and fortunately havn't had that problem with the Lowrance. After installing the Lowrance transducer I did have to adjust it for level and was able to reach down over the transom and move it without getting too wet. Now the garmin is moving up on the bow and getting mounted on the trolling motor.

Barry

5. Thanks guys. I should have mentioned that I have a flat bottom boat, so it's not too hard to knock it loose. Still, the motor should hit long before the transducer.

6. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Don't worry, you can push it back with your hand real easy. Just be sure to cut your motor off first, you will eventually hit a small log or debris or maybe even ice if you fish like I do. It pops right back down.

7. same here bought one two weeks ago i do like the dark back ground and whit marks makes iteasyer to c at night i still havent got my transducer fine tuned yet

8. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Just use your fishing pole to push it back down, no problemo!