close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Lowrance M68C

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by RedRanger, Jun 15, 2004.

1. Just wanted to know if anyone out there has one of the Lowrance M68C units and what you like and dislike about it? Thanks.

2. FINMAN

FINMAN Old Junior Member

so far I really like it. I got mine a month ago and have used it on Alum, Griggs, and Hoover a few times. First time for me owning a color unit. The split screen mode is easily adjustable and the colors are too. I like the white background on the sonar best, but the night view is pretty slick. I'll be testing it on Erie in a couple of weeks. Information overlay is important if you like to troll. Since this is my first GPS unit, I keep the manual handy.

3. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

I bought one to serve a duel purpose.

I use it on the bow of the boat and have plans to use it ice fishing this winter. The deciding factor for me to purchase this unit was the WAAS GPS and the flasher screen option, both primarily for my ice fishing.

I have played with it some on Erie and so far so good. The flasher option was fun while fishing for some suspended perch.

Kim

4. esoxhunter

esoxhunter Livin' the moontime

I picked up this unit back in March and I couldn't be happier. The picture is astonishing for a 320x240 pixel unit. Color really makes a difference. Color units are great in sunlight too. I could never go back to a standard black and gray unit.
    The only thing I don't like about the M68C is that when I'm trolling I spend too much time staring at the screen and not enough time watching where I'm going. :rolleyes:
    EH

Attached Files: